Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Im impressed by Bisping's ability to keep getting easier money fights and not have to fight the top guys in the division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Noooooooooooo :negative:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
loving Khabib man. Ferguson should just get to fight Conor now.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
It's impressive that this fight has been scheduled and called off three times now.

Next time one of them is gonna trip walking into the Octagon

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Listening to Tony Ferguson on The MMA Hour was brutal. Dude sounds devastated and I can't blame him. Basically said he didn't know if he'd ever want to fight Khabib again because he'll never know if he'd actually show up to the fight, which I also can't blame him for. Said he'd want a guarantee of some kind.

He should just get to fight Conor at this point.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I prefer when Brendan Schaub Nate Quarry'd in his match with Cyborg and decided it meant he won and that he shut down Cyborg's submission game and bragged about it for months

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

cis autodrag posted:

i think you mean kailib starnes'd. nate was the non sucker in that fight.

Yeah, switched up the names my bad.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
So then Khabib helped cost Ferguson over $100,000 because he hosed up his weight cut and pulled out of yet another fight. Man gently caress Khabib.

I can't blame Ferguson or Conor for not wanting to be booked to fight him going forward. UFC should still have paid Tony the show money imo though. He did nothing wrong and lived up to all his obligations.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Jerusalem posted:

Well that sucks, but I'm guessing that UFC fighters are about as allergic to the idea of a union as pro-wrestlers are.

Some lawyer tried to start a union, instead a bunch of fighters decided to join an association, which will have none of the benefits a union would have and that the UFC can legally ignore, that is run by a scumbag who ran another MMA organization in the past but i'm sure definitely has the fighters' best interests at heart

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Rigel posted:

The UFC didn't ask the fighters what they were making on sponsorships. Given that, there's no reason for the UFC to know what they were getting, because the fighters and/or their agents negotiated their own sponsorship deals pre-Reebok. Its really not in doubt now that the UFC's exclusive deal was far below what they could have gotten, given what we know now on what fighters were able to get.

The only argument against this is, "The UFC is big and successful, they couldn't possibly be this stupid, right?!" No, the UFC really was that stupid, they let themselves get lowballed by Reebok. They thought the fighters weren't getting much, and didn't bother to check first because they were focused on cleaning up the uniform.

Or they made a deal that was helpful for the UFC itself and not the fighters and didn't care about the fighters getting screwed over by it and claiming they had no idea at all what the value of the sponsorship they were giving away was worth is a convenient cover for them not really caring too much about how it impacted the fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'm glad we can fact check posts about blowing a load on another guy

• Locked thread