Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

I.N.R.I posted:

like i know the ufc doesnt have the best record for treating its athletes with any kind of dignity but i want them to move away from that kind of thing, not do more of it. theres always a possibility of losing your spot in any sport but turning that into a public spectacle for the sake a few pennies at the expense of both of the fighters involved, its just humiliating, on a human level.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

BlindSite posted:

Im kind of surprised the iv and usada testing didnt push a couple of middle weights up to light heavy.

I think that would be the best move for weidman at this point because hes looked a little slow and gassy at mw since the ban came in.

Eh, I don't know if we have enough data to say that. He looked weird, small and really off in the Rockhold fight, but the Romero fight from memory looked like standard Weidman until he got killed. Sure he got killed because he slowed down a little in the second, but he's always done that.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

-Atom- posted:

People only thought Chris Weidman was good because fatherdog was geographically biased

Weidman when fresh looks insanely good and his skillset is great. Now there are many fighters who are one round (or three minutes in Vitor's case) wonders, but Chris doesn't instantly turn to poo poo once he's past his first wind. He's entertaining even when he doesn't win, too, aside from the Maia fight which he came in on gently caress all notice for. There are reasons to like him.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Dogbrisket posted:

Weidman's record also show him as unbeaten until December 2015, with his last fight before that being his win over Vitor in May of 2015. I wonder what changed between may and December of 2015???

Also the eyeball test doesn't lie, look at pics of him before and after those dates.

Weidman took fights on short notice which it has been suggested it is not something roiders normally do. The IV ban is as likely a culprit.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Wise Learned Man posted:

Then he needs to retire the nickname. Not that anyone but Buffer calls him by it over the acronym, but still.

It's an initialism, not an acronym.

• Locked thread