Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
One problem with explicit "lose and you're out" fights is that we/they tend not to want to have a fighter cut if they're part of an exciting FOTN. "Loser leaves" would be more likely to foster tepid bouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Chael talked about Rashad being way stronger and heavier than he expected in their fight (similar to how he described fighting Jones). He could be a handful for middleweights who try to grapple him, as opposed to mild pattycake sessions that seem to hypnotize him.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He was released from the hospital but not medically cleared.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Bundt Cake posted:

now would be the perfect time to change the weight classes to make them 10 lbs apart , since there isnt a champ worth a poo poo except hw
There is more than enough talent for there to be an additional division from 155-185. Not so much for adding a 195 though.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I think it'd be much better to move all the weight classes up 5 pounds.
I think 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 205 would be ideal. Flyweight would get more depth and new challengers for MMDJ, and both the 160 and 180 divisions would be sweet spots for a bunch of fighters.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 3, 2017

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Ty1990 posted:

Lmao what
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806295&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post468524044

I.N.R.I posted:

i think i heard eddy bravo say something about that on Joe Rogen
'Toxic water' was Nick Diaz: http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/14/4104542/nick-diaz-explains-no-show-workout-press-conference-needed-sleep-ufc-158-mma

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Can anyone translate this from "lovely writing" to English because I have no idea who did what to who and why. Like, what was Rebney's role to start with, what would be gained by him killing a dog, etc.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

EmmyOk posted:

I think most people would be far more interested in Rumble/Jones than Jones/DC2 tbh.
From a sport/hardcore fan perspective, absolutely. But no way would that get the buyrate of Jones/DC 2. Johnson isn't a draw and has minimal personality. He and Jones are friendly so there's no heat. Meanwhile, Jones and DC hate each others guts and alternate between intentionally and unintentionally hilarious in their interactions.

LobsterMobster posted:

Sugar Ray Leonard hired Rebney and this Ersoff guy as talent managers

Then Ray said he had an affair that would ruin his reputation, so Ersoff and Bjorn hired Mike Plonsker, and entertainment lawyer to help with that.

Ersoff didn't want to go as hard as the others on the mistress, so the rest of the crew started beefing with him.

Plonsker put Bjorn in touch with a FBI guy to see if Ersoff would incriminate himself. Ersoff didnt, but the FBI paid a visit to intimidate him anyway.

Ersoff filed a lawsuit against Plonsker and Rebney, then the next day, Ersoff's dog got a metal spike driven through its head.
I guess it's a really convoluted story anyway but this is at least intelligible, thanks LM!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Forceholy posted:

Remember when Johnson landed one of his Punches on DC and he knocked him across the cage, but he didn't die?
At most gyms where guys spar too hard, their chins get destroyed. At AKA they avoid this by somehow transferring all damage directly to the ligaments.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Bluedeanie posted:

We're testing today
I don't know what
I'm to say I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Shying away
I'll be coming for your piss, okay?
They took me (they took me)
off TRT (off TRT)