Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

JaySB posted:

Yoel Romero is yelling something about gay Jesus right now.

he invoked gay jesus, not knowing that he exists and is ehh....not imprezzed by yoel's performance

Bluedeanie posted:

Michael Bisping will become the only man to beat both GSP and Anderson Silva, becoming the greatest fighter of all time circa 2010 in the year 2017

Bisping > Anderson
Bisping > GSP > Penn
Bisping > Hendo > Fedor

Bisping will be the greatest of all time in 5 different weight classes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Senjuro posted:

They're really doing it for the title? How the hell is GSP going to handle some of the middleweights who could easily go to light heavy? Even Bisping looks like he might be too big for him.

GSP vs. a newly unretired Hendo
GSP vs. Anderson
GSP vs. Johny Hendricks II

There's a lot of fights to be made here

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Also I don't think GSP beats Bisping so there's not a lot of reason to worry

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

GSP will lose because he sucks rear end and doesn't even know how to fight. Embarrassing.

:sad:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

Romero would Fuckin obliterate gsp

i luh you gay jesus!!!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Wangsbig posted:

these lines are more blurred than ever and I look forward to gorgeous st. pierre defeating count the micheal bisp ing via camel clutch

i will ehhh...make you humble

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

The weirdest thing to me is, if GSP wasn't lying and he really walks around under 190, is he planning to bulk up a bunch to cut to 185? If so, he's probably putting 170 out of reach for the foreseeable future, meaning he's signing up to be undersized in perpetuity. Seems like fucken strange decisionmaking

he's not fighting luke rockhold dude, he's gonna cherrypick fights with other has-beens or fat welterweights.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

threeagainstfour posted:

Anyone get the fight pass survey?

One of the potential ideas they are asking if we would find interesting.

"“Lose and You’re Out” match-ups among fighters that are in the UFC, but with multiple consecutive losses; the winner keeps his/her UFC contract but the loser is cut from the UFC"

they've been doing this forever though

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

david carmichael posted:

You could just start your water/sodium cycling 9 hours earlier, or arrive in Vegas 9 hours earlier, or start your camp 9 hours earlier. It's not that big of a deal, and lots of people missed weight before early weigh ins. Is there evidence to suggest a higher proportion of fighters are missing weight now, and can we decouple that from usada's increased controls?

I'm not sure that it's that much worse now, we just happened into a very lucky 2016 where all the good fights actually happened and injuries didn't really play as big of a role as they did in 2014 or something.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

my JJJ experience is this one time I was rolling with a buddy who trained it and he tied me up in a crucifix, so I just relaxed and put all my weight on him and then he tapped because he couldn't breathe :kiddo:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Eddie Bravo has an extremely bad back right now and the only working out he can do is yoga, also apparently he can only do 30 minutes of yoga.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

JaySB posted:

I understand that Bisping has done a lot of jiu jitsu in his day. But go watch Eddie vs Royler and then tell me you think someone who isn't a legit BJJ world champion has a chance.

1)eddie's back does not work, he had surgery last year
2)eddie as a result would not be able to take him down
3)bisping would punch him in the face

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Belgian Waffle posted:

Isn't Chael supposed to be a pretty strong wrestler (as long as he's juicing and isn't wrestling above his weight class)?

He has good double leg takedowns and top control, in the clinch and on the bottom he stinks.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I don't think Chael mentally broke against Tito or Rashad.

In both situations he was just faced with a much better and stronger grappler and couldn't do poo poo about it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Dangersim posted:

Lol chael against Rashad is like the best example of someone visibly quitting I can think of. As soon as he gets hit hard he rolls over, lays there with his hands on his head and then taps to strikes.

ehhh - he got hit hard and couldn't get out of mount.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's funny how skilled Chael is at winning things that absolutely don't matter at all, but when it comes to any real competition he's always second place sonnen.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

while making more money than any champion not ronda rousey or conor mcgregor. i assume.

I wouldn't assume that because Chael lies a lot.

He still says he broke all the PPV and gate records, but even considering him before Conor or Ronda showed up, GSP and Lesnar easily beat his best buyrate which was the second Silva fight and shy of a million buys.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

from now on it's legal to cheat on steroids if you look like vitor or yoel but it's twice as illegal as before if you're using a bunch of steroids to sculpt the iron body of Ben rothwell or josh Barnett

:same:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

oh man redman is fighting atkins method man?

no way dc is on the atkins diet

or any diet

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is my favorite part of the whole thing, the UFC played themselves because they wouldn't do the most basic amount of work.

Giblert Melendez disagrees.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

GSP fucks up Kelvin if he's got his poo poo together and I don't think he would be coming back if he didn't.

imo

Kelvin presents the same problems to GSP as Johny on the feet, except Kelvin's movement and angles are waaaay better, his outside boxing is better, and is a much better top position grappler than Johny (if he even gets GSP down).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

i think kelvin would have a big strength advantage over gsp, just like hendricks did and would beat him on the feet worse than hendricks did

GSP would try to single leg Kelvin in a hopeless attempt to move a man that is 90% burritos by volume.

• Locked thread