Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The weirdest thing to me is, if GSP wasn't lying and he really walks around under 190, is he planning to bulk up a bunch to cut to 185? If so, he's probably putting 170 out of reach for the foreseeable future, meaning he's signing up to be undersized in perpetuity. Seems like fucken strange decisionmaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Thats ice cream v my mouth actually.

Your mouth is involved in a number of intriguing matchups

Dan Didio posted:

I think it might be one of the most exciting matchups ever.

Provided Khabib doesn't return to the dust from which he came either guy will probably work right back into a title shot within the year when they lose.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Skip My Posts posted:

I'm sure they only negotiated with reebok and did no due diligence to see what their market was like, then turned it around and sold it for 4 billion in the same manner

No one here knows anything about what was actually going on but do you think it's like, impossible for a successful corporation to gently caress up and make a bad decision? Pollyanna Capitalism is a new one for me

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Marching Powder posted:

i've known a few guys who are orthodox to fight southpaw specifically for a powerful jab and hook. you can train up a competent cross with your non-dominant hand fairly quickly and having a naturally powerful lead hand is very beneficial.

Seems like the hard part would be learning the footwork

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I think Conor's schtick is pretty annoying. Chael was entertaining in a Carnival Barker kinda way.

I was out of the sport while he got popular and now that I'm paying attention again I watched some videos to try and understand his insane popularity and idgi

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Skip My Posts posted:

He talks a ton of poo poo to absolutely everyone including the UFC, has an entire country behind him and knocks dudes the gently caress out a lot

Yeah I get the knockout bit, but from what I can tell the poo poo talk isn't even creative or funny. Like, I haven't found any examples of him being clever instead of just really loud. Obviously trying to figure it out in retrospect is very different from being there at the time, though.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Chael comparison is a bit unfair too. Chael has said a lot of unfunny stupid poo poo, but I'm laughing right now thinking about "He doesn't even sound like me. He sounds Mexican"

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I wish Nate Diaz beat him up twice.

Diaz repeatedly out talking him was...something. The funniest thing I've seen Connor do is flip out when Nate makes fun of him.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Work Friend Keven posted:

I think all of that sucked except for the time he transmorphed into Mighty Mouse and said the red panty night thing, that was impressive in terms of how impossible we thought it was (though racially an odd choice)

Makes sense to me, I'd rather be black than Irish too, provided I was rich and also there was no such thing as racism. Sunburn is a bitch

Triticum Guzzler posted:

VITOR: [covering mouth and affecting a high falsetto] i think there should be a division for old people where you just box and you don't have to stand on your feet for longer than 3 minutes [removes hand] Wow, for sure that sounds good bro

hahaha

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Foul Fowl posted:

i think the bisping that fought anderson would have given him trouble at any point in his career. if anderson's chin was still superhuman and he was a hair quicker he probably would have won but bisping's non-committal offence still would've been a problem.

If they both fight to their Full Potential and just stand there doing taunts and impressions of dead pop stars then Anderson wins the decision on grounds of More Handsome and Not a Manc

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

vainman posted:

silva could never beat the contender s of today, a retired gsp and an older, more asthmatic dan henderson

Dan Henderson is much different as a fighter than he was 9 years ago when Silva whipped his rear end. For example, he gets a lot of arm work in lifting mail from the aarp, so the BRH is deadlier than ever

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

are you being really obtuse about the use of the word "prediction" here or what

There are no statistical grounds for predicting the outcome of a (truly random) dice roll, ever. Each side is equally likely and no prediction can be made more accurate than random chance.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It is neither necessary nor sufficient to possess fingers in order to code. Indeed the existence of fingerless Coders (of which I am one) and their success at producing code places into doubt the entire utility of the finger as coding tool. Perhaps the finger, in encouraging by its very existence reliance upon a particular coding technique, produces an inherently inferior Coder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lid posted:

Marlon Vera, who is at least a foot taller than him

He's the Nate Diaz of bantamweight

• Locked thread