Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget guys, do YOU like schedule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

All they had to do was not gently caress up for three days and that would have made the OP easily

and then they hosed up everything and it feels like a year ago that that typo was made

I still don't even know what they were originally going for because of the capping of YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Who are even the tag teams left? Didn't they already break up every semi-relevant team?

Literally yes.

Wolves, Lee and Everett, Drake and Tyrus, all feuding.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Broken Hardys are loving incredible and TNA letting them walk away is high on the list of stupidest things they've done.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

The poo poo ROH was reportedly doing earlier this year (and WWE have done for decades) to turbofuck talent on contracts eliciting zero cares by anyone around here makes it really hard for me to take the sudden outrage over AAA's bullshit seriously, sorry. TNA literally not paying people money they've already earned for months on end, psychologically assaulting their roster to try and keep control of them and trying to sell the company to Nazis beats out any amount of legal games.

AAA is next level on the fuckery though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yeah those are all bad, but they've been done a trillion times before in wrestling history, on the other hand copyrighting characters that never worked in your company and then threatening to sue random indy promotions for giving said characters work (even under a new character!) is sort of a new level of wrestling shittiness

Yeah this.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

Dont know what happens first, TNA dying or Donald Trump dying of a heart attack or stroke

I'd absolutely take odds on Trump at this point. TNA is Eternal.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I love the owl.

That owl best owl.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is even worse and more nonsensical than the spoilers made it sound. Good God.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The ONLY redeeming part about this if anything is Pope sitting in the middle and looking like "What the gently caress am I doing with my life?" as JB and Josh do their awful poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TNA: Always More, Always Worse

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I literally want to perpetrate physical violence upon Josh Mathews.

He is bush league heel Cole. loving think about that.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 10, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SatansOnion posted:

-they're using the title of Schitt's Creek as a substitute swear and it is not clever or welcome
-and all the loving bickering, Jesus Christ
-a Mike Tenay namedrop
-the way they're teasing this taped segment with the Hardys, you'd almost think they were still on the roster :allears:

Why are we doing this to ourselves, SatansOnion?

Oh God I'm agreeing with Mathews. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alberto's music is the lowest-rent thing ever. LMFAO.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alberto is either a cheating babyface or they just did an Alberto/Lashley double turn. loving :lol:..

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chris Saban

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

holy gently caress was the commentating like that all episode? that's goddamn horrible

Yes. By a quarter of the way through the show I was literally daydreaming about causing Josh Mathews physical pain. I mean Borash was bad but Mathews was the real poo poo catalyst (which is a great punk band name btw). Pope seemed like he was legitimately miserable.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

Wrestling birds (in order of coolness and goodness):

The Swagger Soaring Eagle
Frankie
The GobbledyGooker
The Crow that terrified Eric Buischoff
The Unnamed Impact Eagle

Discuss.

Do you not know what owls are, or...?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have officially found one person online who thinks TNA can actually own the gimmick. It is he, The Stupidest Person.

Like maybe, MAYBE they own the name. POSSIBLY. TNA can't possibly own "talks in a certain accent, rambles incoherently, talks about Seven Deities." Good loving luck, idiots.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EugeneJ posted:

If Steve Austin went to TNA tomorrow, he would have to be "Steve Austin". No mention of "Stone Cold", no mention of "3:16", no "gimme a hell yeah", no "what?", no "and that's the bottom line because stone cold said so", etc.

All that stuff was created while he worked in WWE and it remains WWE's intellectual property

Remember when Booker T jumped to TNA and wanted to continue the "King Booker" gimmick with Sharmell without actually calling himself that? He changed his accent from that of a royal aristocrat to that of an African King. He sounded retarded, but he did it because he knew WWE would sue him otherwise

Okay but even IF that''s the case, what in the gently caress is TNA's endgame here and how could it POSSIBLY end well for them in any way?

Also Austin would absolutely still have his diction. You can't loving copyright an accent.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 11, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EugeneJ posted:

Make the Hardys buy the gimmick from them

Hahahaha it's official, TNA is The Lowest Rent.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The number of people on Cagesideseats defending TNA reminds me why I never post there. loving hell.

Also I pointed out how many former WWE guys go MOSTLY unchanged on the Indies except names and catchphrases and was met with "WWE probably lets a lot of stuff go, they could sue they just don't", etc. And for one, :lol: at the idea of Jerry McDevitt not having a hair trigger. WWE is greedy and possessive as gently caress. And for another, even if you posit that, it means WWE is less dumb and ALMOST never sues about poo poo like that because it wastes time and money and poisons the well. Like, WHY would you defend TNA here?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LMAO YES. I loving love the Hardys in 2017. Reby owns.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

they got out of the Corgan contract

TBF wasn't that with Carter money/lawyers?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tato posted:

god I had forgotten how beautiful it was

https://gfycat.com/DeadlyFinishedBoar

That might be the funniest gif in wrestling history.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY3f83VgG0Q

I am really excited for this.

YEAH YEAH YEAAAARHHHH BIM BIDDLY MOW

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Yeah it's one of those things where they easily could, but it's probably not even worth the effort.

There was that PPV where it was nothing but an ECW reunion and in fairness to Tazz, it's hard to see the guy you've always called Balls Mahoney and suddenly have to call him "Cahones"

Apparently they spelled it "Kahoneys" which is the whitest thing imaginable.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jason Sextro posted:

you'd have to be some kind of loose cannon to do that

Brian Pillman loving owned.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

They are claiming ownership of the entire Broken universe of characters and catchphrases so it is a bit more than changing his name to Broken Matt Delete Obsolete Hardy Senor Benjamin

And I'd probably bet money TNA would never win in court. But maybe I'm wrong. Either way they don't deserve to. They're Stan Lee-ing the Hardys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Konnan says that while Crash will be working with TNA, they won't be working with AAA. I look forward to the bridge-building masterminds at Anthem trying to negotiate this thorny situation and the one million new lawsuits they'll have on their hands for 2017.

https://twitter.com/Konnan5150/status/844106113008132096

Wait so TNA will work with both AAA and Crash but Crash and AAA won't work with each other? :psyduck:

• Locked thread