Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

who are the people left that can be even slightly considered a draw, the wolves and lashley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, I thought Mike and Maria signed a new deal?

I believe that was a per-appearance thing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i think the Abyss thing was partly that nobody else really wanted him. he's not that big a guy and there isn't much he'd add anywhere better

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

For those wondering how bad he is, Matt Morgan couldn't even get carried to a match by Chris loving Daniels.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rhonne posted:

HAHAHAHA Alberto just won the world title

:laffo:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Max Coveri posted:

He should be a big deal, fairly quick.

Nobody in TNA is a big deal, at least not because of TNA.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

do they even have enough people to do that

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

From today's taping

lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Isn't the fact that their overall expenses are pretty low for being on PopTV pretty much the only reason they haven't lost their last dime? What the poo poo can they possibly promise Spike this time around?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Them going back to Spike would rely on Spike's only concern being Dixie and Russo.

Surely Spike had other issues with the incompetence, and ineptitude of the company and product?

Or are Spike that hard up for content that they will shrug and go, "well, at least its not as bad as it was."

Bar Rescue, Cops/Jail, like 3 tattoo shows, whatever "lip sync battle" is. a shitload of movies to replace the 10 billion episodes of CSI they always ran.

Spike is basically in the "beggars can't be choosers" category for programming.

E: and keep in mind they weren't really any different when they booted TNA.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Jarrett lost his wife, made her into an angle, and then turned an angle into a Jarrett.

oh my god how did I miss this hahahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i wanna see JJ sell for that owl

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Aron Rex

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bill Goldberg posted:

owldolph hootler

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Who is that guy, by the way?

bruce pritchard

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

The name does ring a bell, I'm just going to assume he did something terrible because why else would he be in TNA?

He was Brother Love, Undertaker's first manager. Largely he's been a backstage writer/agent guy though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy gently caress was the commentating like that all episode? that's goddamn horrible

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, I get that it's wrestling and all, but that feels SO forced...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's hard to feel that sympathetic for EC3's tweet. I don't doubt the talent tries, but there's clearly no developmental, the writing is terrible, the agents are terrible, and absolutely nobody left has any kind of drawing power save maayyyyyyyyybe Lashley, and they've done their damndest to kill that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is the redesigned TNA site, now in beta. Drink every time you see the word 'wrong'

http://impactdev.fightnetwork.com

http://impactdev.fightnetwork.com/talent-roster/

hahahahahahahahahahaha

lovely green font you can't read over most of the pictures, and default to the "show everyone who's ever been in this dogshit promotion" page so you don't immediately realize how poo poo the current roster really is

E: I have honest to god never loving heard of half of the current "stars" or knockouts.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 10, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Stars/Knockouts I have genuinely no knowledge of:

Sienna, McKenzie, Brandi Rhodes, Rosemary, Laurel Van Ness, Allie, Eli Drake, Braxton Sutter, Caleb Konley, Marche Rocket, Luster The Legend, Adam Thornstowe, Andrew Everett.

Seriously who are any of these people?

E:vvv OK yeah I should have realized that :downs: I thought they both left already though?

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 10, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

a lot of those people have been on their tv or well known on the indies for like years so i don't know why you would expect to know them all if you dont watch their tv or follow indies

Fair point, and I guess I should expand on this.

Is there anything they're doing to try to make any of those people actual names, or are they still sticking to the "push the gently caress out of all the WWE rejects" thing?

E: for further context I don't have POP TV so i'm basing most of this on what i see/hear from outside, but it sounds like I haven't missed all that much.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

Sienna - Allysin Kay of SHINE and SHIMMER fame. Very good. Should be in NXT.
McKenzie,
Brandi Rhodes - Cody's shouldn't be wrestling wife.
Rosemary - another SHIMMER alum, can't remember her real name off the top of my head
Laurel Van Ness - Canadian Tough Enough contestant.
Allie - Cherry Bomb of SHIMMER and SHINE fame
Eli Drake - some dork
Braxton Sutter - Pepper Parks of CZW fame, IRL husband to Allie
Caleb Konley - indie dude, Gabe really wanted this guy
Marche Rocket - Chicago Indie, best remembered being part of the Trios team that Chikara fans really dug.
Luster The Legend,
Adam Thornstowe,
Andrew Everett - The dude you always saw get pinned in Trevor Lee matches.

:cheers:

were one of these guys one of the edge clones? "Edgeheads" i think?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

No that was Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder. Both ostensibly employed by WWE.

See that's what I thought too, but I swear I heard Bryan or Vinny mention someone in TNA as one of Edge's clones a couple years ago, but maybe I'm hosed up.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

Curt Hawkins won their tag title as part of the GFW invasion.

Thaaaaaat's what it was. I think they were just calling him "Myers".

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes. By a quarter of the way through the show I was literally daydreaming about causing Josh Mathews physical pain. I mean Borash was bad but Mathews was the real poo poo catalyst (which is a great punk band name btw). Pope seemed like he was legitimately miserable.

Has JB ever been on commentary until this point? To my knowledge he's always been a backstage guy or ring announcer when needed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Germansimp posted:

I want to say he filled in on commentary when Taz was dropped after the Aces&Eights angle died. He definitely had a couple single episodes over the years where he would fill in for Don West if he couldn't make it to the show for whatever reasons.

That's right, he checked in when Taz left.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

No. Please don't.

This isn't a dig at Punk, nor even specific to him, but I really like it when people make it away from Pro Wrestling still able to walk, with some of their mental faculties still intact, and not completely bitter/burned out/broke. (Admittedly Punk still ticks some of those boxes, but by all accounts he is happier now than he was.)

Any wrestler who manages to get away with their sanity, health and finances even somewhat intact is to be celebrated, and not dragged back into the carny cesspool that we all enjoy.

I get what you're saying here but I don't know if MMA in general and UFC in specific is much less of a trash/carny operation

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ah, well fair play to him then if he's out of there too

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah it's one of those things where they easily could, but it's probably not even worth the effort.

There was that PPV where it was nothing but an ECW reunion and in fairness to Tazz, it's hard to see the guy you've always called Balls Mahoney and suddenly have to call him "Cahones"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao they're gonna put Shera over the whole roster

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite I ever saw was a flier that read "Featuring Rena Mero, the actress who portrayed the character Sable on the television program Monday Night Raw."

lol that sounds amazing

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Don West went to Wazzu?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo hahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RZApublican posted:

Karen Jarrett update: Drunk

ain't she great?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TNA Discussion for April is Kicked out, Still A Thing??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress yeaaahhh victory road 11 :getin:

• Locked thread