Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

keevo posted:

:getin:

What will Paige's name be when she's inevitably on TNA?

Page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

To be the only thing that Jarrett is going to sell for

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

Dat roster expansion

I look forward to the Konnan vs. Lashley match.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

We just need Magnus

I'm not sure if this should be the latest entry on TNA's We Just Need list or like tenth in line behind a cavalcade of other lovely wrestlers.

Also, we just need Konnan.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

At least when Del Rio won the world title, the belt still clearly said TNA. I don't know if that's changed in the day or two since

At the next show they'll swerve us by announcing that he only won the TNA world title and that the Impact Wrestling world title is still up for grabs.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

People claim it was 12 years ago but no one has any proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeshduVZeqY

After that it was all downhill

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 5, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DJExile posted:

do they even have enough people to do that

Do the cameramen count as wrestlers

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

its like they they think they can fill the goodwill meter enough to access Russo mode and then everyone makes money.

Do the Hardy's like Russo? Because if so Jarrett's throwing one hell of a hail mary pass here.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

I cannot loving believe this is all happening again

TNA is a corpse moving at the speed of light

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

For real though how could they even hope to get on Spike again with around 350,000 viewers a week, a dead roster, and no money mark to pay the bills?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 6, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bigass Moth posted:

2:30 am Saturday time slot that they give spike 100% of the ad revenue for?

Ah yes, the Eckankar Hour

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Writer Cath posted:

Doesn't a corpse need to have been alive at some point?

Not when it's an artificial frankenstein-like corpse stitched together from decayed WCW parts.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DJExile posted:

Aron Rex

Owlon Pex

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Push that owl to the moon

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

whiteyfats posted:

Probably says something that I've never heard of Homefront

It was a Call of Duty clone about North Korea successfully invading America. When the game flopped the rights ended up in the hands of Koch Media who put out a reboot that was somehow far dumber than the original.

Wikipedia posted:

Homefront: The Revolution is not a continuation of the original Homefront, but rather a re-imaging of the premise. The story takes place in an alternate history setting in which the digital revolution of the 1970s took place in North Korea's "Silicon River" (Ryesong River in our timeline) rather than the "Silicon Valley" of Northern California. In 1977, North Korea's communist government falls out of favor after a series of devastating floods and Kim Il-sung resigns from office and replaced with a more moderate Premier, Lee Dong-won. As a result, the now capitalist nation of North Korea has become the most powerful and influential nation on Earth, controlled by the APEX Corporation and led by a Steve Jobs-like figure named Joe Tae-Se. The United States, meanwhile, after years of multiple conflicts in the Middle East, is suffering from massive war debt from purchasing weapons technology from APEX and is in severe economic conditions. In 2025, the United States' economy collapses, forcing the USA to default on their debt to North Korea. Joe Tae-Se's son, APEX CEO and North Korean Premier John Tae-Se, (with the approval of the international community) uses this as a pretext to invade and occupy the country, using a backdoor installed in all APEX technology to shut down the United States military. Although initially presented as an international humanitarian effort to restore stability to the United States after the economic collapse, the Koreans proceed to strip mine the country for its natural resources to repay the debt, and proceed to brutalize the populace in response to a national resistance movement against the occupation. The game takes place in Philadelphia in 2029, four years into the occupation. The new Philadelphia is a heavily policed and oppressed environment, with civilians living in fear as the Korean People's Army patrol multiple districts in the city, aided by American collaborators led by Mayor Simpson.[16]

Someone send this to TNA because I think we might have a revolutionary new angle on our hands.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DM Punk posted:

Dutch just said he's been to Europe 8 times and the UK 10 times. That is some interesting math.

He's accounting for Brexit

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hot drat this will get them back on Spike for sure!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Tato posted:

This just feels like some decent wrestlers getting wasted while a bunch of old men who have burned all their other bridges spend their time settling the score on their petty grudges and putting themselves all over television.

WCW never died :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Wrestling birds (in order of coolness and goodness):

The Crow that terrified Eric Buischoff
The Swagger Soaring Eagle
Frankie
The GobbledyGooker
The Unnamed Impact Eagle

Discuss.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It's like tna saw all the people saying they didn't deserve worst promotion in the observer and decided to prove them wrong

Hey man, gotta defend the one award they've got left.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerusalem posted:

What year did Sting accept an invitation

TO THE WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!?!

I was so completely disappointed to watch that and learn that they didn't actually go to White Castle.

Just imagine the beauty of a slider on a pole match.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gently caress that owl, they should have picked the turkey

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 13, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

It’s time to “Make T-Shirts Great” with a contemporary design inspired by Reby Hardy.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CobiWann posted:

So you can say "Cody Runnels, who used to be known as Cody Rhodes" and that's cool?

Alternatively, "Sedohr Ydoc, which is Cody Rhodes spelled backwards".

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Rovert (trevor spelled backwards)

hosed up if true

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I totally need to have updates on Karen Jarrett

Karen Jarrett update: Drunk

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Grendels Dad posted:

Alternatively, Jarrett is Jesus and will bring peace to these warring promotions.

A true Global Force

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Like, what exactly is he promising?

To make TNA Great Again.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Benne posted:

So how long before Jarrett books himself into another vanity title reign? My money's on 3 months.

Next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I love how the Hardys came up with a storyline where they win every tag team title and all the promotions said, "Yeah, sounds good!"

And that they're able to draw money to the point that every promotion is willing to let them do whatever they ant.

• Locked thread