Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Given that Dixie is no longer involved with TNA, do we know what she is up to now?

Is she going back to PR? Have her parents figured out a less expensive hobby for her to play business mogul?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Guys. TNA is bad. AAA is bad. Lets stop arguing over the degrees.

I don't know much about the AAA situation, but from what I've read in this thread they are indeed terrible. Visa fuckery, exclusive contract poo poo, pay issues etc.

But remember this is TNA we are talking about, so they are also insanely bad. With pay issues, booking craziness, (sorry crazzyness), the not paying of medical bills and just about every stupid/damaging thing Dixie has ever said.

But as mentioned above, AAA is bad too. Arguing about who is worse is quibbling over whether you would rather be punched in the face or kicked in the arse.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

coconono posted:

sober jeff.

Does not compute.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Them going back to Spike would rely on Spike's only concern being Dixie and Russo.

Surely Spike had other issues with the incompetence, and ineptitude of the company and product?

Or are Spike that hard up for content that they will shrug and go, "well, at least its not as bad as it was."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I can't believe they put an owl in their commercial

Better than the epilieptic animated Turkey which they have used before.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Wrestling birds (in order of coolness and goodness):

The Swagger Soaring Eagle
Frankie
The GobbledyGooker
The Crow that terrified Eric Buischoff
The Unnamed Impact Owl

Discuss.

Edit: I am a moron who cannot differentiate between birds and have eagles on the brain.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 11, 2017

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Do you not know what owls are, or...?

Whoops. Duly edited.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

You can't copywrite an accent, nor mannerisms etc. But you can copywrite a name and a catchphrase.

So perhaps TNA owns "Broken Matt Hardy", and "Saarsgaad", and "Vanguard 1", (misspelling intentional) etc. But Matt can do exactly the same shtick just calling himself "Cracked Matt Hardy" and align himself with "Sibling Nero" etc.

TNA could maybe have a case if they really wanted to try, but considering the Taz vs Tazz situation, and thet Jeff is Matts brother, and his name is Nero, I doubt they could win even if Matt starts calling him "my Brother Nero"

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 11, 2017

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

Come back, Punk. :smith:

No. Please don't.

This isn't a dig at Punk, nor even specific to him, but I really like it when people make it away from Pro Wrestling still able to walk, with some of their mental faculties still intact, and not completely bitter/burned out/broke. (Admittedly Punk still ticks some of those boxes, but by all accounts he is happier now than he was.)

Any wrestler who manages to get away with their sanity, health and finances even somewhat intact is to be celebrated, and not dragged back into the carny cesspool that we all enjoy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Also whats the legal situation a la Warrior and Andrew "test" Martin, Ryback et al?

Couldn't Matt just change his name to "Matt Broken Hardy", and TNA couldn't touch him? And probably be able to counter-sue due to TNA's harassment of cable companies using the argument they are blocking his workplace and denying him income.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I love Lucha Libre names.

Big Mami.

And the fact that Murder Clown and Monster Clown are two separate entities who apparently have beef with Psycho Clown. i.e. "I may be a monster, and he may murder, but at least we aren't Psycho. Look at my tiny car and red nose."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Reminder that Dixie got into trouble on twitter by doing a similar thing. (she copied the verified logo and put it in her picture or something like that.)

I know she is not with the company anymore, but her legacy lives strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Given Mickie now works for WWE, and Magnus seems to be wrestling in the UK more and more. It must be tough for a married couple.

I know the wrestling life is tough on couples, but it must be especially hard when you are both wrestlers, and you work for different companies.

• Locked thread