Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good news for TNA fans: It's still around!
Bad news: Everything else!

Nothing much happened in February until this week when Everything happened. Drew Galloway is gone. Mike Bennett and Maria are gone. The Hardys are gone, and the physical tag titles are with them. Tapings are this week, and TNA had a chance to have the Hardys come back and drop them but :lol:

But hey at least we have Jeff Jarrett! And Karen Jarrett will be back on TV soon!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Oh my god TNA what the hell is wrong with you.

Support the Don:

CubsWoo posted:

The Don West insane deals are back:

5 shirts for $20
The Jarrett Guitar for $80 (now personally autographed maybe? was it this way before)
Jeff Hardy Louisville Slugger + ball cap for $30
4 hats for $25
30 8x10 pictures for $10
10 random banners for $25
5 DVDs and 2 shirts + 3 random bonus items for $20

http://shoptna.com/Insane-Deals.aspx

Current champions:
World Champ - Lashley
Grand Champ - Moose
X Champ - Trevor Lee
Knockouts Champ - Rosemary
Tag Champs - Hardys :laffo:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/836394593017028608

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Don't forget guys, do YOU like schedule?

All they had to do was not gently caress up for three days and that would have made the OP easily

and then they hosed up everything and it feels like a year ago that that typo was made

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jade's gone now too

6 people this week. Only Wednesday

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Remains to be seen. But he is cheap and local.

:stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Serious question, was the timing of this podcast a coincidence https://twitter.com/MLW/status/836984045724557312

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says TNA and Konnan’s CRASH in Mexico are trying to work together

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Low Ki being the one that says no to him being in a company is something I haven't experienced in a while

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

The impact spoilers are already coming out. Jeremy Borash and Josh Matthews are "shooting" on each other and TNA has tripled down on the MAGA gimmicks.

oh my god

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blue Pants is getting used in future tapings. Congrats Leva

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Unsurprisingly the title situation wasn't mentioned. So yeah they really did chase them away from even dropping the belts on-camera :laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine if both the tag titles and world title are physically in the possession of people who are never coming back to the company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I for one am glad Sanguinia joined StarkRavingMad in the "LU is forever perfect and blameless" crowd, I'm sure the room was lonely throughout 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Observer says we're gonna get more MAGA in TNA. Jarrett's big marketing idea is "Let's Make TNA Great Again", presenting the good old days of TNA when Jeff was in charge, and implicitly burying (not mentioning her by name) the Dixie regime saying that since she took over, things went off-rails. Tapings Day 1 already had Pritchard, Lashley, and Dutch say the phrasing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What's Rim Joss doing in the Impact Wrestling zone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dat roster expansion

quote:

Chris Mordetzky (formerly Chris Masters), Nick Aldis (Magnus), Matt Morgan, Konnan and former TNA knockout Rebel are all expected to be returning to the company.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

#AcknowledgeBarnettsWin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least when Del Rio won the world title, the belt still clearly said TNA. I don't know if that's changed in the day or two since

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

do they even have enough people to do that

Chris Masters has yet to debut, there's still plenty of time for tapings

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I am in a tight spot with IMPACT objectivity wise. Have friends there. No matter what you think of the Dixie/Corgan regime the talent largely worked hard and where patient in situations of scare resources and uncertainty. You can criticise the booking the GFW side of IMPACT getting put over the "TNA" side. To me that's fine as that's a creative/business decision. What's not on is how some of the TNA people were refused flights, talked to or treated by management and on top of that how they've been talked to by backstage incident prone and a possibly drunk Karen Jarrett. The fallout from the tapings or what what recent departures will say will be interesting.

I don't want to bring politics or even religious outlook into a Pro Wrestling forum. But you've already got Jarrett's use of MAGA/MIGA but the difference in how women have been treated under this regime has been a big talking point or point of frustration this week.

Yeah, in the spoilers thread I'm glad there's been such a negative reaction towards the MAGA/MIGA stuff

The Laurel Van Ness stuff today was pretty gross and stood out among other poo poo stuff, at least from today's taping

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Jeff Jarrett has reportedly met with an executive from Spike TV about possibly returning Impact Wrestling to the network. Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Spike TV senior vice president and executive producer Scott Fishman was at today’s Impact taping and met with Jarrett about a variety of topics. A possible return to the network in the US was among those topics discussed.

Fishman was an executive producer for Bellator on Spike, as well as an EP on the Kimbo Slice: One of a Kind documentary. Fishman was heavily involved in developing Impact in the show’s early days.

There’s no word on how talks went between the two, nor what it may mean for Pop TV’s contract with Impact. Impact Wrestling is returning to Spike TV in the UK starting in April, and PWS reports that several promos for the UK debut were shot during the weekend.

I cannot loving believe this is all happening again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

My question here is does this mean Spike TV isn't being rebranded to Paramount TV anymore?

The rebrand is next year. Sports will be included in the programming, including Bellator staying on the channel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maybe after they get back on Spike Dixie will come back to the company after Kurt enters a relationship with her

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

What exactly happened to THQ? Did they go all in on some game that flopped huge or some poo poo, or just a multiple string of failures?

Years of financial struggles, stock value drop, and debt, then Homefront flopped, Red Faction Armageddon flopped, and uDraw was a disaster they invested too much in. Too much failures to overcome, and even if the flops didn't happen enough damage was done it would have caught up to them eventually.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I was going to say it was surprising to not see Gail Kim the entire taping

There were others. Was Aron Rex even there? I don't remember him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Good luck explaining to your talent that their pay checks are late (again) because you're spending all your $$ suing the Hardys.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

LMAO gently caress YOU GUYS @EdNordholm @RealJeffJarrett @IMPACTWRESTLING

MORE than happy to play this game

Can we just talk about how many times Matt's contract could have been broken due to NUMEROUS issues on TNA end and...

...never made a fuss about poo poo, but MFers wanna try & come at us NOW, *after the fact* ?! Don't you have an owl to promote or some poo poo !?

Or - I dunno - a company to "make great" ? Instead of acting like the petty little bitches you are ????

Speaking of petty, nice video package on TNA's "history": with NO visual or mention of Jeff - who gave his all for 7 YEARS - or Kurt ?!

But y'all sure made sure to get those two video ID shoots of Jeff Jarrett in there LMAO. But it's "just business, brother", right ? PETTY.

Everything these boys have done for the company & you wanna try & gently caress us for the sake of it. Literally no other reason except YOU MAD lol

How about my husband leaving me A DAY AFTER GIVING BIRTH to make your TV tapings ? That's how dedicated this MFer was to the company.

How about how the 3 highest rated TV segments of 2016 were financed by HARDYS solely to help the product & because they BELIEVED IN TNA

Or ALL THE poo poo TALKING BY JJ throughout contract negotiations & Matt was STILL THERE, professional & trying to make things work for 2017 !

Oh & this the best part...these MFers trying to come after SEÑOR BENJAMIN.

LMAO I CANT.

"Señor Benjamin" - my dad, by the way - who was never paid a dime by the company & who was obviously never under contract...

...Not that those contract things mean anything to TNA...Until after they're over or until 3 days before they expire, apparently.

Funny thing is, everyone who ever actually had anything to do with #BROKEN Matt Hardy has our back on this.

WHAT DOES THAT SAY TO YOU ?

drat near 20% of your roster leaving in the span of a week, all citing the same reasons or none at all.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ?

And then a fakeass "wishing you well" tweet from @EdNordholm, mere HOURS before threatening to sue us. SUCH A FITTING END, MAN.

Seriously, you couldn't write this poo poo... Well. TNA couldn't write this poo poo... any writers worth a poo poo left too ! ��

Real cute how TNA can go radio silent for WEEKS (with exception of nonsensical drunk texts from JJ) but we get a 2 hour deadline to respond

gently caress you think this is, "Taken" ? LOL I can't.

Good luck explaining to your talent that their pay checks are late (again) because you're spending all your $$ suing the Hardys.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Impact Wrestling sent Matt and Jeff Hardy (and perhaps others) a 3* page cease and desist letter today, demanding they immediately stop all utilization of the "Broken" characters, PWInsider.com has confimed. We are told that Impact is claiming that that intellectual property of the characters and anything related to them would fall under the ownership of the company, not Matt and Jeff Hardy, and that as of today, the Hardys are not to use anything related to the "Broken" universe going forward.

The letter being sent is what sparked Rebecca Hardy's rant on Twitter earlier this afternoon.

Anthem's Ed Nordholm took to Twitter today, writing, "We thank @matthardybrand for a superb performance in Broken Universe. May the seven deities guide with their Broken Brilliance left behind. @MATTHARDYBRAND Broken Universe will always be here. Kudos to the creative team behind the vision @JeremyBorash @paradysexoxo @Lagana @Billy"

The Tweets seem to take the credit for the "Broken" material away from Matt Hardy, who had an incredible amount of creative control and say over it, and places the creative credit specifically upon current and former Impact creative and production staffers, giving the impression that the material was created by Impact, not Hardy.

Impact Wrestling is claiming that any new, original intellectual property created by the Hardys while they were under contract to the company would be owned by Impact and cannot be used outside of their auspices. Where the intellectual property begins and ends would certainly be up for debate, although the "Delete!" and "Obsolete" chants, as well as costuming and references to Seven Deities, Broken Brilliance, and perhaps even the dilapidated boat, could all claimed by Impact as their property. It's also a weird situation in that Impact are going to have to argue and prove that "Broken Matt Hardy" is their IP, whereas Matt Hardy is not. It gets even weirder if they are claiming to own "Brother Nero Hardy" when Nero is Jeff Hardy's actual middle name.

Matt Hardy filed for a trademark on the Broken Matt Hardy character himself on 3/1, right after his Impact contract expired.

Based on Rebecca Hardy's comments, it would appear the legal threat from Impact Wrestling would include her father, who portrayed Senor Benjamin despite not being signed or paid by TNA. One would assume it would then include Rebecca's persona as "Queen Rebecca" and possibly even Matt and Rebecca's son, who appeared as "King Maxel." Rebecca Hardy wrote that her father was never signed or paid by Impact Wrestling, which, if that is the case, makes Impact look like the worst kind of bullies for even targeting somone who performed for the company for free.

lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bill Goldberg posted:

how much time does rovert have for Russo to be officially announced before he eats that probation

iirc Jerusalem took one look at the taping spoilers and accepted he's there already so it's off. Wasn't that hard a call to make

If the new guard has as much sense as the old guard, don't expect an announcement until someone in back inevitably fucks it up, makes it public, and ruins everything. Even Russo is currently on the record refusing to go further than saying he and Jarrett have exchanged emails, which establishes regular contact

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's true. Why would anyone be motivated to try anything in this company if this is how they treat the one loving thing that's been remotely successful or even noteworthy in the past two or three years.

Especially crippling coming off the loss/treatment of Corgan, who far more people it seems liked working under than ever did with Jarrett or Dixie

That morale

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What are TNAMecca's thoughts on the whole past year of programming they admitted they loved being declared canon trash by the company itself

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/840440840661041153

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

he didnt wrote this trash!

It's a Smashing Pumpkins joke

which admittedly is a redundant combination of words

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

TNA has committed many grievous sins against wrestling but has never subjected us to 15 minutes of Hogan-Leslie.

If we're going by terrible main events people should have been refunded for seeing and the company should have never had go on in the first place, Sting/Jeff Hardy is still all time king

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Only other thing I remember on that show was the #1 contender match that ended in a double countout

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

That was Lockdown 07 (and debatably not the worst match on that card either).

Lockdown 07 also had that 9 minute lovely blindfold match between Storm and Harris, for example

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Remember that one time they did that six sided cage deal where you had to climb out through the roof and:
1. The cage was made of giant red bars so nobody watching from home could see a goddamn thing
2.Homicide was so fat and out of shape he couldn't make it out of the cage

and then jeff hardy came back to the company, still with his Modest entrance music

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/841711562515722240

In a day Matt and Reby Hardy have made more of a profit than TNA has made in years

TNA made profit in years? Or ever?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love that even the Wiki page for the guy who played Rellik points out multiple times that Rellik is killer spelled backwards

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/843531491699310594

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait so TNA will work with both AAA and Crash but Crash and AAA won't work with each other? :psyduck:

It's extremely likely Jarrett had no clue Konnan and AAA have been feuding for some time

The list of stuff Jarrett has no clue about grows by the day it seems

• Locked thread