Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exploded mummy posted:

at least they haven't brought back Matt Morgan

Didn't Morgan retire?

Also, my dumb rear end thought WWE misused him and he'd be a big star someday.

Turns out, Vince knows way more about talent than I do (or lack thereof).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'd rather Low-Ki say yes to any ridiculous offer that TNA sends him, if only because that's exactly what he deserves.

I've worked with the guy a few times, way back when I was part of USA Pro out of NYC/Long Island in '00-'02. He's a whiny sack of poo poo and it doesn't look like anything has ever changed. Don't think that one incident was the first or last time he's ever had to be carried out.

Has Low Ki ever not whined in a promotion?

Man, I bet there's some epic stories from his short time in the Fed.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grack posted:

So yes, Alberto has pissed off literally every other promotion on the planet.

Remember when he looked like a new top star for Vince? lol

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Throwing around "legend" awful freely.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What exactly happened to THQ? Did they go all in on some game that flopped huge or some poo poo, or just a multiple string of failures?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Years of financial struggles, stock value drop, and debt, then Homefront flopped, Red Faction Armageddon flopped, and uDraw was a disaster they invested too much in. Too much failures to overcome, and even if the flops didn't happen enough damage was done it would have caught up to them eventually.

Probably says something that I've never heard of Homefront, Red Faction Armageddon or uDraw.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RZApublican posted:

It was a Call of Duty clone about North Korea successfully invading America. When the game flopped the rights ended up in the hands of Koch Media who put out a reboot that was somehow far dumber than the original.

Someone send this to TNA because I think we might have a revolutionary new angle on our hands.

That's certainly an alternate timeline. :staredog:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I hate remembering that Garry Shandling is dead :smith:

I didn't know he was dead. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Call Me Charlie posted:

Polygon isn't very good but they actually wrote a good article explaining how THQ imploded. http://www.polygon.com/covers/2014/12/9/7257209/the-fall-of-thq

tl;dr - It was a perfect storm of being stuck in multi-year big money licensing agreements when mobile gaming started eating consoles' lunch, trying to shift to AAA games instead of mobile, bad management, burning alot of money chasing flash in the pan trends like MMORPGs/novelty gaming peripherals and a bankruptcy judge blocking a last ditch effort to save the company.

Thanks!

I mainly remember them as being a joke in the 90s, and putting out WWE games that were inferior to the ones the N64 was getting. No Mercy was so much fun.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triplexpac posted:

Every now and then I remember how TNA has managed to outlive WCW and I weep

At least WCW was good at times.

(I'm a fan of the early 90s period before Hogan and friends came in.)

Loved Vader just crushing fools.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

WCW in the early 90s was often as bad as TNA gets.

Nah. It was boring at times, and there was some terrible poo poo sometimes, but it was never as consistently bad as TNA.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

What year did Sting accept an invitation

TO THE WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!?!

That feud was awesome, wtf.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tato posted:

We have a big free agent signing and a guy who was recently WWE champ! What should we do with him?

Let's have him climb random cages in the opening match and say nothing.

Let's have him work on his stupid paintings backstage.

Let's have him turn heel.

And was arguably the hottest guy in the WWE when he left, as well!

Although, it did lead to the amazing entrance with CM Punk dressed up like him.

Come back, Punk. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I think I mixed up a recent discussion I heard of Austin's retirement and Bryan's forced one, I think Bryan was only 34 when he finally announced he wouldn't be wrestling (for WWE) anymore?

Even so, Austin has claimed before that around 37/38 is when he thinks a long-active wrestler is probably at his best, provided their body can still go.

Yeah, a lot of older wrestlers have said their peak mentally was their late 30s.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wazzu posted:

Which also explains AJ Styles and John Cena. But not Randy Orton.

I was reading somewhere that they were not planning on pushing AJ so hard when he came in, but he was hella over, and they are kinda desperate for new stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA for April: Reno's Cummies

• Locked thread