Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Alienating the Hardys, the only positive thing that's happened with TNA in . . . uhh . . . (when did Christian leave?) is so TNA. If anything they should be giving the Hardys 10% of their profits in the event they ever make any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I thought Chris Masters was good once he slimmed down a bit so he could move well.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DJExile posted:

Bar Rescue, Cops/Jail, like 3 tattoo shows, whatever "lip sync battle" is. a shitload of movies to replace the 10 billion episodes of CSI they always ran.

Spike is basically in the "beggars can't be choosers" category for programming.

E: and keep in mind they weren't really any different when they booted TNA.

Believe it or not those programs do okay, or at least they do okay with the right demos. TNA is on shaky ground on a much weaker station at the moment, I just can't see why Spike would be interested (unless TNA is practically free or is even paying them).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

Hi we are USA, we are the cable spearhead of NBC Universal. Here are all of our high quality drama productions, oh and we also have five hours of wrestling content on two consecutive days.

TNA on Spike would probably get near their old 0.9-1.1 rating regardless of content due to high carriage rates (insert that .gif here) and they were fine with it treading water as long as Dixie and Russo didn't defy the network, which Jarrett and Anthem likely won't do.

Maybe if they moved back to Thursday, but TNA started to have problems achieving a 0.8 rating at the end there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I would watch a show where Bobby Lashley ran out to the ring to introduce wildlife films for an hour.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
And an owl swooped in and picked the dumpster when all the good trash was already burnt.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I really worry that if TNA dies that nostalgia will drive me to think fondly of it. I can feel tinges but f it when we talk about Homicide failing to climb and the electrified cage.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That is a pretty good haul, even I wouldn't throw that all into the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is cool, good for the Hardys, the only reason I spent any time with this dumb show in the last two years was because of the Hardy stuff.

Oh god Matt Hardy's the pinned tweet image is great:

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/843417177277501440

• Locked thread