Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, I thought Mike and Maria signed a new deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

rovert warned us what might come. we were fools to not listen

I for one would like to apologize to Rovert right now, because that monster is clearly back in spirit if not in physical form.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I can't believe they put an owl in their commercial

Impact taking important lessons from Fight Milk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tokamak posted:

I think putting on a bird wildlife show would be a massive draw, and is a good way to differentiate themselves from other wrestling shows.

NitroImpact Parties gonna be off the hook

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

the thumbnail looks like garry shandling RIP

I hate remembering that Garry Shandling is dead :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Saints Row 3 and 4 are a ton of fun, SR2 is probably the best game though even in spite of the legendarily awful PC port.

It quickly became clear they were largely reusing assets/mission structures in a desperate attempt at padding because THQ forced them to release early in an even more desperate bid to keep the creditors at bay - they almost pulled the same thing with South Park: The Stick of Truth too but then they went bankrupt, UbiSoft bought the game and - in spite of Ubi's many flaws, they at least realized that the game would be better released later with the forced padding taken out.

I had kinda hoped the WWE games would be better once THQ died but by all accounts they're still just reskinning the previous year's games and calling it a day.

Through all of this, Impact continues to air.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rhonne posted:

That's not a Six Sides of Steel match, that ring only has four sides.

The floor is side 5 and then there's a very large gap before the sixth side is the roof of the building they're in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

1993 is full of garbage and the only real redeeming factor of the year (Flair vs Vader) wasn't meant to happen, Sid just happened to find his scissors. 1990 is real bad too once the Black Scorpion angle starts. The first half of the year is pretty good match wise, the second half is so bad.

What year did Sting accept an invitation

TO THE WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Justin Godscock posted:

Which is why I'm glad Dwayne Johnson got out of full-time wrestling before he was 30 with his health and mind still intact.

Sometimes I feel sorry that Steve Austin had to retire at 34 with arguably his best still ahead of him.

Then I think about how now he's this laid-back dude chilling at home or on his ranch playing with his dogs, shooting the poo poo with his wife or whoever he can get to pop around to have an interview with, and crafting his own beer :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do the right thing for our baby, AJ.

DOTHRIGHTHING! :byodame:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Havoc904 posted:

I'm pretty sure Austin was like 38/39 when he retired. Or am I missing something?

I think I mixed up a recent discussion I heard of Austin's retirement and Bryan's forced one, I think Bryan was only 34 when he finally announced he wouldn't be wrestling (for WWE) anymore?

Even so, Austin has claimed before that around 37/38 is when he thinks a long-active wrestler is probably at his best, provided their body can still go.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

TNA did an empty arena match. They decided showing all of the fans leaving the arena would be a good visual, so rather than tape the match before letting people in, they kicked all the fans out of the arena.

Christmas at the Carter House that year:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Your advertising cannot. Your commentators can.

Many Indy posters breach this when they say stuff like "WWE's Mr. Kennedy! Mr. Anderson"

My favorite I ever saw was a flier that read "Featuring Rena Mero, the actress who portrayed the character Sable on the television program Monday Night Raw."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

grack posted:

And Jeff botches the first high spot he tries, knocking himself out in the process.

Matt screams,"YOU SPOT M.....e signaling you not to do that, Jeff?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus it's perfect

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mother of God.... :stonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

good lawyer

I found the problem!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was just about to sign an agreement to get the Young Bucks to post in this forum, too!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Oh yeah?

Wrestling™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Grendels Dad posted: