Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
There's literally no reason for WWE to want Abyss. He's not good in the ring, he's old, he's not in good shape, they can't/won't use his history of tacks/glass/barbed wire etc to get him over as a monster, there are no dream matches he's a part of, and he doesn't have either the name recognition from the casual fans or the indy cred from the smart fans. There's literally no feud they could put him in that wouldn't be better with Braun Strowman instead (and I really don't like Strowman very much).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bradzilla posted:

Goldberg is main eventing a wwe ppv in 4 days

hmm maybe check out the 4 reasons you didn't quote

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Dat roster expansion

There's about one wrestler's worth of in-ring talent and one wrestler's worth of promo talent between all 5 of those.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Vince Russowl.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
WWE had the Divas butterfly belt, now TNA is going to have the X Division owl belt.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jason Sextro posted:

That electrified cage match was probably worse than Sting/Hardy too, although it's at least funny

That was Lockdown 07 (and debatably not the worst match on that card either).

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah I saw one flier that advertised WWE Hall of Famer Rikishi. Don't think you can use the WWE brand to advertise your show.

You can't, legally, but it's not worth the WWE lawyers' time to do anything more than send out a form cease and desist letter to some of the many indies that do it.

Rhonne posted:

Remember when Hulk Hogan gave Abyss his WWE Hall of Fame ring?

And then later Abyss cut a promo where he basically said "I don't need this ring any more because I am strong without it". Before a match where the winner would get the ring.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 14, 2017

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
They should call the owl lwO. Then it can feud with the lWo.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Wazzu posted:

My bet is never. But! He'll hand pick somebody who definitely shouldn't be the guy and make him long term champion.

That only leaves him with about 95% of TNA's roster to chose from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DJExile posted:

God look at him, he really looks like he doesn't want to be there

Looks like he's plotting to murder Grado. Can't say I blame him.

• Locked thread