Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

psydude posted:

TO PLAY THE BROTHERHOOD OF NOD CAMPAIGN, PLEASE INSERT THE BOTHERHOOD OF NOD DISK.

realtalk doublefuck GDI airstrikes forever, they could destroy your MCV in one strike if you were unlucky and cripple you on that level

also sam sites were loving useless because they had to pop up

just build a billion bazooka soldiers instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I installed Starcraft on every computer in our computer lab using a key generator and the whole class including girls played it. It was weird, but that teacher was cool.

I also picked up computers as a child instead of cars. I can't change your oil but I can build a computer! my parents didn't have money to buy a prefab so I got parts and built it myself.

I was in like 7th grade when 9/11 happened and my teacher let us call our parents one at a time on the class room phone to come get us. I didn't realize what was happening all day because I got went home with a teammate and we did nothing but play videogames and with his dog all day. Eventually my parents got me and sat me down that night and told me what happened. I was into history and a nerdy little child so I was like...oh we're going to war and I was sad. I thought it'd be like WW2 since at that time I was super into it and was the only war I had read extensively about apart from the Revolutionary. I kind of expected the whole country to be on war-footing, rations, air raids, the whole 9 yards. I knew there wouldn't be a draft because though because wasn't a thing anymore so I wasn't worried about my dad getting forced to leave us.

I guess i'm a millenial but I dont have any social media except for yelp. I like yelp. Idk i've always resisted the millenial label.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
My highschool still used Novell Netware in 2004. There's CCIEs walking around today who are too young to know what that is.

Two Finger posted:

realtalk doublefuck GDI airstrikes forever, they could destroy your MCV in one strike if you were unlucky and cripple you on that level

also sam sites were loving useless because they had to pop up

just build a billion bazooka soldiers instead

Nod just got hosed in C&C. Light tanks and buggies were bullshit, and Obelisks were only good for defense.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

also eye of the beholder II was some good poo poo

and dragonstrike

but i want to make a shoutout to the single greatest game of all time

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
still really mad about Jane's A-10 being canceled.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if you werent part of the sierra fan club and got sick newsletters from roberta lee then smdftb you garbage millennial

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

still really mad about Jane's A-10 being canceled.

Who needs Jane's A-10 when you have A-10: Cuba!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if you werent part of the sierra fan club and got sick newsletters from roberta lee then smdftb you garbage millennial

willy beamish bitches

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

current events: gip is old nerds

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Quarantine loving ruled

bengy81
May 8, 2010
1. Just had dinner with a bunch of old dudes bitching about how entitled young kids are, and that the reason nobody takes up technical trades now is because they are lazy.
2. Same guys bitched about Obamacare, specifically because one guy I work with (not present for this conversation) was going to have to wait a few more years to retire, due to his wife getting cancer and having to pay for the treatment. They benefitted specifically from Obamacare during the treatment, as her insurance was subsidized by their state or something, therefore Obamacare is bad because it would have been cheaper if the government wasn't involved in healthcare??? :psyduck:
3. Based on the above conversations, I've revised my position on millennials being the worst generation and now concur that boomers are the worst.
4. Ecuador stuff is weird, Assange needs to go away, but I'm pretty sure the guy who wants him out is a "bad hombre" in that he is a fairly hardcore conservative, but It is South America, so they are probably all corrupt and in the pocket of drug dealers or Russia anyhow.
5. I forgot what the fifth thing was, so just insert a lovely liberal leaning opinion and ignore it

Edit:
6. I didn't have a computer until I was 18, so I don't have a ton of nostalgia for old computer games. But Warcraft I and II were pretty good when we would play them at the comic book shop.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Two Finger posted:

yo gently caress sierra's copy protection for ever

Oh my loving god.

"Where does Aslan live?"

I DON'T loving KNOW, WE NEVER READ THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA, THERE IS NO GOOGLE, AND WE WANT TO SEE SOME NUDITY

Two Finger posted:

:lol:

We could never get half the loving tracks or mechanics in that crappy editor to work.

I can hear the lovely PC speaker sounds in my head right now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dude it's April why the gently caress are we still posting in March?

:gas:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh my loving god.

"Where does Aslan live?"

I DON'T loving KNOW, WE NEVER READ THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA, THERE IS NO GOOGLE, AND WE WANT TO SEE SOME NUDITY

:lol:

We could never get half the loving tracks or mechanics in that crappy editor to work.

I can hear the lovely PC speaker sounds in my head right now.

there was a weird glitch with the porsche/march indy where if you went around a banked corner in top gear with the throttle hard down it would immediately accelerate to full speed

you could do some ridiculous jumps like that but i am pretty sure you jumped so high and far that your car immediately exploded on landing

it's been a while

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

orange juche posted:

time has no meaning in the trump presidency

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
mods name change me to gip monthly threads dumb as gently caress still

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Behold:

To this day, my most memorable moment of personal success

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

bengy81 posted:

1. Just had dinner with a bunch of old dudes bitching about how entitled young kids are, and that the reason nobody takes up technical trades now is because they are lazy.

What were their SA usernames?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

orange juche posted:

april fool's you died and are in hell

this is hell

hell is not updating threads

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Third World Reggin posted:

mods name change me to gip monthly threads dumb as gently caress still

This is the thread that previously had a derail about what everyone's favorite calculator is. Fucks sake

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

time has no meaning in the trump presidency

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! :cthulhu:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want a popular vote of no confidence by the people.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Two Finger posted:

also eye of the beholder II was some good poo poo

and dragonstrike

I had Stunts on a floppy disk from my neighbor. Was my first real game. For some reason I had to run "St" when CD'd into the directory and it ran the ST loader for Stunts

I didn't figure out it was my first pirated game till like 2012.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

http://savethesounds.info/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I have 2 big caddies full of 3.5 inch floppies and another one full of 5.25 inch ones, most are old games for dos and windows 95, i am pretty sure I have the install media for Windows 3.1 somewhere. I got all of them from my granddad when I was 7 and he gave me his old 386 when built himself a new PC with the newfangled Pentium processor.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 4, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bengy81 posted:

2. Same guys bitched about Obamacare, specifically because one guy I work with (not present for this conversation) was going to have to wait a few more years to retire, due to his wife getting cancer and having to pay for the treatment. They benefitted specifically from Obamacare during the treatment, as her insurance was subsidized by their state or something, therefore Obamacare is bad because it would have been cheaper if the government wasn't involved in healthcare??? :psyduck:
3. Based on the above conversations, I've revised my position on millennials being the worst generation and now concur that boomers are the worst.
4. Ecuador stuff is weird, Assange needs to go away, but I'm pretty sure the guy who wants him out is a "bad hombre" in that he is a fairly hardcore conservative, but It is South America, so they are probably all corrupt and in the pocket of drug dealers or Russia anyhow.
5. I forgot what the fifth thing was, so just insert a lovely liberal leaning opinion and ignore it

Edit:
6. I didn't have a computer until I was 18, so I don't have a ton of nostalgia for old computer games. But Warcraft I and II were pretty good when we would play them at the comic book shop.

didi you go out to a car to grab a hammer and then beat their loving brains out? because I'm at this point in my life where if someone says some poo poo there is gonna be grey matter decorating walls.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Reverand maynard posted:

didi you go out to a car to grab a hammer and then beat their loving brains out? because I'm at this point in my life where if someone says some poo poo there is gonna be grey matter decorating walls.

I generally just stare open mouthed at them. Drooling slightly. My brain turns off because I've realized nothing I say or do matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
someone do april

• Locked thread