Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
It's the month of March. This is a good month for video games.

New or Recent releases this month:
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/Switch)
  • Nier: Automata (PS4/PC)
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda (Multi)

Also releasing this month is the Nintendo Switch. Expect this to take up all the the lions share of attention this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Zelda looks like lots of fun. I didn't see it mentioned but i'm happy the made the durability thing a little bit of use by making weapons do a higher damage critical hit on the attack they break. Seems like it at least gives you a reason to smash up guys with sticks and other junk until you find cool things later on.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

After I play Horizon, Nier, and Persona 5, I think I will buy either a Wii U or Switch to play Zelda. Haven't decided yet

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

While I'm not interested in any of those games, I hope that they're really good and people enjoy them. :)

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Not gonna lie, HZD is making me kinda want a PS4.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope March is the month where RCRU becomes as good as I thought it was gonna be.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bought Horizon after I was promised that I could use my brother's PS4 if I had paid for his gas for this car and got Little Caesars

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Things I am excited for this month:

- Sunless Skies Kickstarter
- Tangledeep Kickstarter whenever it launches
- Waiting a whole month for the Stellaris expansion to drop in April
- The humble monthly bundle, because I love buying games
- Actually playing more of the games I own!

Also for February's horrible malaise to leave so I can spend time being happy and write stories for friends and spend more nights being energetic instead of tired all of the time.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

I'm getting Zelda when it comes out. I'm looking forward to it!!!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

a.lo posted:

Bought Horizon after I was promised that I could use my brother's PS4 if I had paid for his gas for this car and got Little Caesars

Was the Little Caesars a threat of what you'd give him if he didn't let you use his PS4?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am going to buy a PS4 at the end of the month. I want to play Doom and Resident Evil.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Was the Little Caesars a threat of what you'd give him if he didn't let you use his PS4?

He wanted to try the deep dish.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tonight I am going to try to beat The Challenge.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Looking forward to playing Zelda whenever I can actually get it, because apparently a preorder doesn't mean you get the game any more.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can do it. I believe in you.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is that.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I finally finished Witcher 3 after almost 2 years of playing on and off. It was pretty good overall but I didn't like any of the main quest involving Ciri in the slightest. All the side quests were pretty fantastic and basically the main thing keeping it interesting.

In terms of main story and characters I still like Witcher 2 way, way better. It's just a much tighter and far more interesting package. Hell, I even like Witcher 1's story better.

This month I hope to finally play Total Warhammer now that I actually have room on my SSD to put it. Dunno which race to try first, my Dark Omen sense is telling me I need to play whichever race gets to drop meteors on peoples heads though.

Stellaris 1.5 looks like it's full of really good stuff but also sounds like they aren't addressing ship combat/design or ground troops yet. So maybe I'll just keep it on the shelf until then.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Stellaris 1.5 looks like it's full of really good stuff but also sounds like they aren't addressing ship combat/design or ground troops yet. So maybe I'll just keep it on the shelf until then.

As I understand it, the devs are looking to fix that stuff, but yeah, not in this update. Up to you if you want to play the new update when it hits.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm having a small procedure done on Friday which is going to take me out of commission for a couple weeks. It's gonna be me, pain meds, and Zelda all day :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hope the procedure goes well. I'm gonna be in hospital for a day at the end of March to get me thyroid ripped out, then off work for a week

I kinda hope I can get my hands on a Switch before then so I have something to do in hospital when I don't want to sleep

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

StrixNebulosa posted:

As I understand it, the devs are looking to fix that stuff, but yeah, not in this update. Up to you if you want to play the new update when it hits.

Yeah IIRC they said that's the focus of the next big patch and expansion. All the new content looks great so I'm really looking forward to however they manage to clean up the combat systems and related things.

Probably just gonna wait and play XCom2 and Warhams in the mean time though. Thank you Humble Monthly, for doing bad things to my backlog.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Heyoooo march

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

You forgot Torment: Tides of Numenera! Which is a great game, by the way!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games I am probably going to buy this month:

Horizon
Zelda
Nier
Atelier Firis
Mass Effect
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Toukiden 2

:psyduck:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Games I am probably going to buy this month:

Horizon
Zelda
Nier
Atelier Firis
Mass Effect
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Toukiden 2

:psyduck:

:rip: your backlog

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

What is that.

It's something in The Witness.

I couldn't do it. I need to be at peak mental acuity so doing it after eating a burrito and a half is basically doomed from the start. Also my phone battery died so I couldn't take screenshots anymore.

I also realized what the Challenge reminds me of, it reminds me of Legends of the Hidden Temple, and I can't put that stupid monkey together

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video Games Are Good

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oddly enough, I'm thinking instead of getting a switch, why don't I just get a PS4 on the cheap, so i can finally play bloodbourne and nioh?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I finally finished Witcher 3 after almost 2 years of playing on and off. It was pretty good overall but I didn't like any of the main quest involving Ciri in the slightest. All the side quests were pretty fantastic and basically the main thing keeping it interesting.

In terms of main story and characters I still like Witcher 2 way, way better. It's just a much tighter and far more interesting package. Hell, I even like Witcher 1's story better.

Did you play either of the DLC expansions? Hearts of Stone is pretty fantastic.

I mentioned it in the last thread just before it closed, but I finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood yesterday. Goddamn was that a bleak ending.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/5G8ik1m.mp4

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oddly enough, I'm thinking instead of getting a switch, why don't I just get a PS4 on the cheap, so i can finally play bloodbourne and nioh?

Why not both?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Looper posted:

Why not both?

I like the head on this one's shoulders.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Game of the month this month is Titanfall 2 singleplayer.

Edit: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/IODcoZpvzlM/maxresdefault.jpg

mutata fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 1, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hung out with a friend tonight, we played Night in the Woods for about two hours. At first it was a depressive-neurotic-small town-USA sim and that was good, then somewhere along the way it also became an edgy-teen sim (despite the characters being young adults) and I started to feel sleepy. It was also around two a.m. by then, so maybe it's that. I dunno, I'm not jazzed enough about it to buy the game myself.

It's hard to accept that the player character is a young adult when she's like half the height as anyone else. If that's due to some medical condition she has, it doesn't get mentioned in the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That's heightist

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Aren't they all animal-people? Maybe she's just a small animal-person. I don't know, I haven't played it myself. It looks neat in the same way that the Over the Garden Wall tv show was. Sorta weird, sorta silly, sorta creepy, sorta fun.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

She's got parents who are much bigger than her

e: I mean, "kinda bigger"

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Eff your smallism. :lol: in that screenshot, one of the picture frames has a picture of a very tall cat with a tall hat and a very short can with a much taller hat.

• Locked thread