Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Small people exist, I know a couple of people whose adult height was like 4' 11 and 5' 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Anybody who is shorter than me isn't an adult

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Got Horizon in today. Do wanna finish Berserk 1st though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
2 days to go! :D

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I want to play horizon really b bag bad bag bad 😣😣😣😥😥😮😮😯

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i was expecting the ending of the witness to be more pretentious than it actually was

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Uuuugh, so many games. My kickstarters for Torment and Night in the Woods (and also Gloomhaven, a huge dungeon crawler boardgame) just came in. I also want Nier, Horizon and Mass Effect for the MP. Life is so difficult.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Love the thread title :allears:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering I how ended up in this situation.

Man, March is gonna be insane. I think I'll at least try to finish Nioh before buying anything though.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 1, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hahah this is awesome. I'm a big fan of these weird quirky animations. It kind of lends a strange authenticity to it. I'm not sure how to explain. Maybe they don't seem like perfectly poised super heroes, but a rag tag bunch of misfits out of their depth.

It's probably not true and just animating/design mistakes though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is terrible, but awesome and hilarious. A good watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFSraiscnVs&hd=1

It perfectly encapsulates the horribleness of pachislot trailers

to balance out the bad taste from the above video, have one of the most inappropriately badass final boss themes ever, magnificently covered by Gametal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUaiZN4VQws&hd=1
man, that movie was not great. I get kinda mad just thinking about it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Looking forward to playing Wildlands while everyone plays much better games, then picking up the rest of these games at bargain prices at the end of the year. I'm part of the problem

Though Zelda will probably never get any cheaper so I may have to cave in on that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played the Wildlands beta for half an hour and it was hard to imagine a more boring game. Didn't help that it was bookended by some of the worst directed and most self serious cutscenes I've ever seen.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah the veneer is serious but everything else about it is silly. Somehow it's gotten addictive for me, maybe cause I haven't had a co op roid rage military action fantasy since like Mercenaries. I've had good times with even just random matchmaking, which surprised me.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm cautiously optimistic about Zelda.

The next few weeks are going to be crazy, I just started P4G this week too, and P5 is out in a month.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/836635331139145732

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i am going to wait for horizon to go on sale. but i'll be getting wii u zelda friday :hai:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

How does someone like that even find Waypoint/the podcast :psyduck: their content is like their loving anathema

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would definitely like to play Horizon at some point. But the Switch will take up my gaming money for a while.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did Waypoint exist before 2 weeks ago

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

unfortunately

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Help Im Alive posted:

Did Waypoint exist before 2 weeks ago

It launched in October. I quite like it :shrug:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh ok

I had never heard of it and now I've seen it mentioned here/on twitter like 10 times in the past couple of weeks

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I didn't get a chance to respond to it before the thread was closed, but I just wanted to say I saw and appreciated your "March games like a lion" suggestion, In Training.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

year of the rooster. year of the ox. why i asked china for a year of the gamer - waypoint contributor Thatch Creedence

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Help Im Alive posted:

Oh ok

I had never heard of it and now I've seen it mentioned here/on twitter like 10 times in the past couple of weeks

It used to just be "Vice Gaming" then they changed their name to Waypoint.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I've drunk too much tea and eaten too many biscuits today at work. This was unwise.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Are we talking, biscuits & gravy biscuits or a cookie in Britainland?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Closer to a cookie, with tea it'd probably be a plain digestive or maybe a HobNob if you're feeling fancy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Nate RFB posted:

Are we talking, biscuits & gravy biscuits or a cookie in Britainland?

We are talking bourbon biscuits here in the Queen's Dirtpile.

6 of these. I got greedy :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a cult classic hit and its vaporware sequel - how obamacare became america's BG&E

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
custard cremes are the superior biccy

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Bourbons are pro choice

I drink coffee in work and tea at home, I have no idea why.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Instant Sunrise posted:

It's the month of March. This is a good month for video games.

New or Recent releases this month:
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/Switch)
  • Nier: Automata (PS4/PC)
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda (Multi)

Also releasing this month is the Nintendo Switch. Expect this to take up all the the lions share of attention this month.

Don't waste your time with this AAA (the A stands for rear end three times) garbage and play Night in the Woods instead. Crimes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Chocolate digestives are the best I'm sorry

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oddium posted:

i am going to wait for horizon to go on sale. but i'll be getting wii u zelda friday :hai:

if you're waiting for sales, the Target sale goes live on march 7th. it's just 4 days after friday and by then you could get zelda/horizon plus a free game, if you wanted a third.

Man I'm def getting Mass Effect but every single animation with the female Ryder is beyond hilarious. Maybe they should stop using her because her face is nightmare fuel levels of bad, just use the male version or something. She looks like someone from Dead Space who is about to rip her face off and become a necromorph

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Who knew that the Console Wars would lead to the Great Biscuit Wars?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I didn't get a chance to respond to it before the thread was closed, but I just wanted to say I saw and appreciated your "March games like a lion" suggestion, In Training.

Thank you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm looking forward to playing Nier and continuing to play Guilty Gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Macaluso posted:

Don't waste your time with this AAA (the A stands for rear end three times) garbage

But there's more games on that list than Nier :confused:

• Locked thread