Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I didn't get a chance to respond to it before the thread was closed, but I just wanted to say I saw and appreciated your "March games like a lion" suggestion, In Training.

Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm looking forward to playing Nier and continuing to play Guilty Gear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the swimsuit outfits in Hatsune Mikue didnt cost literally 10x as much as anormal outfit because I want to see 100% on every screen and it will take a while to buy all these swimsuits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

everyone seems to love horizon new dawn right now but i'm interested to see if it adheres to the typical AAA hype-to-antihype cycle

where at launch it's the best game ever, in 6 month's it's 'pretty good', in a year it 'has issues', and in 2 years it's 'only get it on sale'

I don't love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GUI posted:

That's most internet communities full of dudes in general. Bioshock, GTAIV (this one had its own sub-forum here back then even, with goons gushing over it), Witcher 2, etc. pretty much any hyped and well received game is despised by the usual suspects over at NeoGAF, 4chan and here after a few months. MGS4 had very positive reviews from both ~~professional~~ critics and regular players and the hardcore hate it nowadays.

If someone doesn't like MGS4 you know to avoid them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Giving a console rating out of 10 prior to launch seems insane but that's always how they get people to click on their website and look st ads so good for IGN

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I wonder what the difference between a 6.7 and a 7 is?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my vita and 3DS can fit in my pocket but only if my pockets are otherwise empty, which they never are.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Pretty much. The indie line up for the rest of the year looks promising but other than that the next big release we know of is Mario at the holidays.

Personally I won't be getting it yet since I have no problem playing Zelda on the Wii U, but I'm sure I'll get one eventually once there's more stuff out for it.

Splatoon this summer is when Im jumping in. Only reason I'm not picking it up now tbh is that it's still possible (likely?) for their initial slate of announcements to be delayed since nothing really has a date outside of Zelda.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

J2DK posted:

I really wish the switch was compatible with older controllers, but then again, Microsoft and Sony consoles don't use old controllers either.

Its cool that genesis controllers work on Atari 2600

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

nintendo is kind of coming into a generation where non-exclusive AAA games are kind of getting less interesting. FINANCIALLY they will hurt from not having mass effect but like. do i give a gently caress about ghost recon wildlands or for honor? no. dgaf about metal gear survive

at this point its all about sony having horizon, persona 5, nioh

nintendo having zelda, mario, splatoon

microsoft having

uh

lol

Forza at least. Since Gran Turismo is never going to come out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Astroneer which looks like an early access version of NMS with working multiplayer and actual gameplay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Finally gave up, cancelled my physical Zelda preorder and switched it to digital. What is this hosed up world where a digital download code costs more than a physical disc and case?

That changed recently bc now physical retailers are trying to push back. Youre paying extra for the convenience of no disc I suppose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm fine with having a nintendo console for first party games mainly, because I'm seeing whats happening with PSN and I'm concerned about the future of consoles led by Sony and Microsoft

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As someone who commutes like 90 minutes a day and usually plays Vita/3DS in that time, the idea of just playing a real rear end zelda game on the subway still feels like some alien future tech

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bloodychill posted:

You can play LBW and OoT and Mask on a 3DS.

Honestly I'm planning on eventually getting one for the cartridge taste.

Yeah but I meant a new bigass Zelda game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

If I remember correctly Nintendo Power actually rated Turok 2 higher, 9.7 or something. I remember it standing out to me at the time and it was one of the reason I bought that. Which you know is a solid game all told, but it's also no Ocarina of Time.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[threateningly] You've gotta love this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That review also flat out lies, the d-pad doesn't do poo poo in OoT

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best games with combos don't have combo lists so it feels like you found poo poo on your own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wasn't talking specifically about fighting games but I like discovering combos on my own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like my Gals of KOF theme

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I ditched my Amazon order and got Zelda from an actual store you walk in to, amazing technology they have nowadays.

I may do this with Nier today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

Nier isn't out till next week tho?

I live somewhere with a store that breaks street date

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They probably also have Japanese version on disc at the very least

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They didn't have it because the difference between JP and US release is small so they didn't bother. I'll just wait for Tuesday. I bought Madden 98 for the Saturn instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Just get Pseudo Saturn working so you don't have to bother with looking for Saturn games.

This is why I bought Maddwn, it was the cheapest US game so I can do the disc swap. I currently only own JP games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Palpek posted:

drat, so Nier Automata is coming to Steam way earlier than I thought. Also:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

zelda is mgs5 + witcher 3

Zelda is: Adventure; hobby-grade campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Zelda Heroes!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

I still think nothing can touch the amount of story and beauty presented in Witcher 3's world. Zelda is by all means a very nice change from the "go here, do dungeon, get item, move on" dichotomy of Zelda games but it achieves that through a kind of minimalism and simple joy in just being able to climb anywhere, do whatever in any order or jurisdiction, and play with things like physics, cooking, crafting, weaponry collecting, taming a horse, etc etc. By the end of the month I'm sure both Horizon and Zelda will have the same kind of praise about the things they achieve in open world gameplay.

I do think there is a poo poo ton of hyperbole though, I mean for god's sake Skyward Sword got like the same kind of "masterpiece" reviews and that game railroads you hard, gives you the same loving bosses over and over, relies on loving wiimote control, and inflicts you with a flying skyward gimmick that is boring and doesn't do much. It's a Zelda game and idc what anyone says, there is a degree of insulation around the series. That being said I think even after a day, BotW is 200x better than Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword by virtue of just not doing the same boring poo poo. For once it feels like an adventure and it's exciting purely because you have no idea what's next and you're free to conquer anything you feel like doing.

It blows my mind sometimes how well skyward sword reviewed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I kind of like Wayforward's cheesecake :shobon: Maybe I just really like their art a lot, both Shantae and the remastered Ducktales looks so good to me. That being said it's also cool what Yacht Club Games is doing. It's cool that they went the extra step to do the thing where you can chang the pronouns independently of the gender of the characters.

I love shantae's 3d boobpop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i wish shantae: half-genie hero had been as good as pirate's curse but drat if it isn't one of the prettiest 2d platformers released recently

Im hoping risky mode is just those levels with Pirates Curse movement because it would be fun to speed run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I can't decide whether I should be playing Horizon or Breath of the Wild :(

Breath of the Wild

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're allowed to be a sex criminal as long as you're also Jewish in the film world.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Are there any decent recent games where you give a squad orders then tell it to go and see how it goes, kinda like how you could for rainbow six: rogue spear?

There's stuff like Doorkickers and Frozen Synapse for 2D, lower budget implementation of that. I quite like both of those

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The timing on hot swapping a model 2 Saturn is tricky as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did it!!! The glorious library of the saturn is now 2 clicks away.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does anybody know where the Saturn exclusive area in SOTN is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dewgy posted:

It's a down-jump from like the first room if I'm remembering right. You can even see where it was supposed to be in the PSX version, but I forget if that spot is exit-only or not.

Also, it sucks. The Saturn exclusive bits were kinda pointless, just like the Tengu and the other fairy. :smith: Though the other fairy actually does something in the Saturn port: she sings you a song if you wait around for a while.

I'm curious to see it even though I've heard it sucks. Also I meant to check it out but instead just beat the game again. I couldn't figure out a way to see a map, if the Saturn version actually doesn't have a map that's nuts

• Locked thread