Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I was so obsessed with playing with matches as a kid that I grew up and became a matchstick man! *strikes head on ground and tries to burn random passerbys*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

My wife pointed out that the hair one looks like one of those balls of daddy long legs and now it's nightmare fuel for life :cry:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

To those wondering about the PC version of Nier Automata: It seems like a pretty solid port. I run things at 1440p and it is not that difficult to keep it at 60fps by turning down the usual suspects (AA, shadows). I think there is a limiter that prevents you from going over 60fps even if your display can handle it. Also it is actually kind of distracting how often the game uses pre-rendered FMV cutscenes, even for a simple 5 second panning shot of the landscape, because then it becomes super framey and jagged in comparison to the normal gameplay :(

The port is kinda crappy in my experience. Full screen is busted right now and won't set the correct resolution and it has other performance issues. Running a borderless windowed tool alleviates the problems but it's lovely that you have to.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

He just wants that fuckface VG to check the loving IPs. Is that too much to ask for?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Only if every attack string has an animation where he pulls his shirt down over his belly

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

He has extremely poo poo taste

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Games can be cinematic and films can be video gamey

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

your forums account is a little too young to remember this but we actually had to evict an entire community of "ironic" pedophiles from the anime forum like 10 years ago so i don't think your case is as strong as you think it is

A move that singlehandedly put Trump in the white house

makes you think..

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

bloodychill posted:

What you like is pedo bait. That anime is pedo bait.

Real talk, anime is fine but people who can't see a joke about anime without defending glorious Nihon and calling people weird for mocking gross anime tropes are insufferable

It's even more insufferable when people use the term anime as a negative for something that doesn't have any of the bad anime tropes

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Things can be equally insufferable. At this point I've lost track of what is anime beyond actual animated Japanese cartoons. Someone tried to explain to me why Doom the video game was basically an anime once.

Doom is pretty anime if you play the hentai wads

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nina posted:

Eve is actually the best character other than Pascal.

Pascal is great and I'm worried that Taro is going to use him to break my heart later. I thought he was going to die at the suicide cult place for sure

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

What didn't you like about VLR

I'm gonna guess it's the anime

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Getting yourself banned the day the new game you're hyped up for releases is a pretty good way to ensure you'll have time to play it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Please don't dox John Romero

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

When I played it was 50% Halo and 50% 2005 era WoW

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Censorship is gone to far

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

They should have gotten Jonathan Tron to voice a Nazi in the new upcoming Banjo Kazooie inspired Collecta-former, Yooka-Laylee

I think that would have been a very good role for him

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

mutata posted:

Well let's define "video game writing". Is it dialog? Is it story beats? Is it world building?

It's an RPG maker-like

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I had some genius compare my unwillingness to meet nazis halfway with the oppression of homosexuals in the early 1900s.

He's right in that we should sterilize all nazis

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

BotW and Nier 2 ending up splitting the vote and Overwatch snuck in from behind and stole GotM for me, better luck next month new games

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think Max Payne 3 is one of the best games of all time, but it's also the worst game in the series.

I think it would have been much better received if it was the first entry into a new franchise, but then the story wouldn't work as well because you need the tired protagonist that you already recognize.

Maybe they could have taken the money they spent on the Max Payne license and instead spend it on the Man on Fire license

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The worst thing about MP3 is it makes GTAV feel like garbage in comparison

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I hope the success of Automata encourages Square enix to go to platinum for their RPG combat needs in the future, instead of some half baked in-house job, but I'm not holding my breath.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Oh, speaking of Kingdom Hearts, there was a great conversation in my local Gamestop the other day. Some guy was asking about Kingdom Hearts Collection or whatever it's called.

Guy: So it collects 1 to 3?
Clerk: No, 3 isn't out yet, it collects 1 to 2.
Guy: So it's 2 games?
Clerk: No it's 6
Guy: :confused:
Clerk: *deep sigh* Well,

Lol that poor bastard

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Imagine a world where console gamers and PC gamers live in harmony

Another finger on the monkey paw curls up as every mouse and controller in the world turn into steam controllers

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Maybe one of these days we'll be able to have a discussion about controllers without the PCMASTERRACE jumping in to remind everybody that KB+M is God's chosen input method.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Earth Table posted:

It sounds like I'm being cynical but I think some really interesting forums moments could come of it

Better yet, a video game argument subforum with strict grammar and spelling rules

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Japan isn't back until Phil Fish admits that they don't suck at making games

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Earth Table posted:

I'm just treating pages of input device discussion with the respect it deserves, I guess :shrug:

Hey I don't want to post in such a hellhole, I just want it to exist and contain all of those arguments

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Dark Souls is very clearly a WRPG, it's got dragons and castles and poo poo.

E: My phone autocorrects WRPG to WRONG

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I made it to the end of ogre battle 64, but I let one party soak up most of the exp so I was spread too thin with the rest of my army to complete the final mission and I gave up.

If they put it up on the switch VC I'd be all over it again

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's like if cars had autopilot, except on a video game instead of a car

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it makes no sense for you to invert aim on gyros!! your motion is doing what the aim being inverted is supposed to do as far as perspective in the first place!!!

You're supposed to hold em upside down

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Healbot posted:

So Sweden makes the worst games, got it.

Nah it's gotta be South Korea or Russia

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the scott pilgrim video game is still the best game its pixel artist has worked on and you can't even buy it anymore

Didn't he do a most of the sprites for shantae?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Oh the boob jiggle had me convinced

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

In ten years DS2 will be remembered as the one that had that kick-rear end skeleton chariot boss

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

If From does a modern setting, I hope they set it in the US (and hopefully not NY or LA) instead of the obvious Tokyo.

Japanese studios depicting American settings is always great stuff

E: that reminds me, I still want wild west souls

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 28, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Destiny 2 is going to be pretty light on content but it'll still sell gangbusters, especially on PC.

Red Bones posted:

I hope some indie dev makes another one, people make loving remakes of all kinds of old genres. I find those old prerendered backgrounds really charming.

What ever happened to that Kickstarter for the PS1esque horror game set on a cruise ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Destiny could be really good, but nobody knows how to design a fps raid boss correctly because it's still a niche that's in its infancy. They can't just toss in a bunch of WoW boss mechanics because the players have to be able to manually aim at the boss to deal damage.

There's a very good reason why the Gjallerhorn was more or less a requirement

• Locked thread