Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

everyone seems to love horizon new dawn right now but i'm interested to see if it adheres to the typical AAA hype-to-antihype cycle

where at launch it's the best game ever, in 6 month's it's 'pretty good', in a year it 'has issues', and in 2 years it's 'only get it on sale'

In 2 years it will be $19 so whats the problem v:cool:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Need to get a new battery for my WiiU controller or something, get like 2 1/2 hours out of a full charge now.

Based on my experience with the WiiU this seems to be normal.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I picked up Nier, Nioh and Yakuza 0 in the buy 2 get 1 Target sale. :woop:

Not that I'll ever have time to play them :smith:

suuma fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 6, 2017

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Man, I can't believe the first Dawn of War was in 2004.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Lobok posted:

I've never played a Souls game but I've seen a lot of videos and GIFs of Souls games and there's never a face to be seen. Only helmets.

Lol just lol if you wear armor in Dark Souls.

^^^this guy gets it

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I will probably play Wildlands because my friends will want to. These're the friends that aren't busy playing Nioh/Nier/HZD/any of the other GOTY contenders that're already out, so they have plenty of time to bug me to play Wildlands with them. :smith:

I should probably get new friends

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Play multiplayer games with your friends, it's a guaranteed good time.

Oh yeah, for sure. We had a blast with The Division (until end game at launch, anyway). I'm just bummed because Wildlands seems shallow compared to what it could be.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

free basket of chips posted:

Can someone link me to the Android games thread. I'm on mobile and can't search

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711191

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
video games are really good

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yooka-Laylee looks really cool in the retro n64 collect stuff platformer sense of the game but all of the videos I've seen seem to be like 90% open space.

Maybe i'm just misremembering Banjo Kazooie.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Can anyone recommend any real good Nier (1) LPs? I never finished it and I'm not sure I got very far (I found Emil I think?) and I'm not going to find my 360 to play it again but want to go into Nier 2 prepared.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Sweet, thanks!

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I remember being impressed by the scale of Fallout 3 when you step out of the Vault.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

precision posted:

Why doesn't Amazon Prime give you the 20% off new games if you want a digital download code, wouldn't it save them money to not have to ship it to me? This makes no sense!

We got an Amazon gift card and now I have to pick between saving $12 on Andromeda or playing it at midnight. :mad:

I picked up Nier, Nioh and Yakuza 0 in the Target Buy 2 get 1 Sale and it's terrible because I had to wait for shipping and now I own games on discs and digital codes seem like they'd be cheaper to the retailer :smith:.

e: first world problems

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Bioshock pipe dream hacking was cool except there was way too much poo poo to hack for such an involved minigame.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
rear end Creed 1 got a ton of hype but I think a lot of that in hindsight is because it was one of the earliest "go anywhere do whatever" games. Free running was still a relatively new concept in that time, as were Ubisoft open world checkbox-a-thons.

AC1 wasn't very good, but it had a lot of good systems. AC2 was much better in comparison.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Jesus this poo poo looks so bad.

ME2 had some awkward canned body language but it wasn't anywhere near ME:A.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

Last Of Us sticks out to me as a great game that actually isn't that fun to play in any way

TLoU was great but it's also soul crushing so I agree with this.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I played the hell out of ME1-3 and I can't even tell which character is the player character in these ME:A videos because even the player character looks as low-effort as a random Citadel human.

e: I mean the PC in 1-3 stand out, regardless of what you make them look like.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I want to play Nier and Yakuza and Nioh but I need to finish HZD but I only have like 2 hours a week to play at the moment. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
One is a rocket launcher and one is a role playing game?

e: :grin:

• Locked thread