Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did Waypoint exist before 2 weeks ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh ok

I had never heard of it and now I've seen it mentioned here/on twitter like 10 times in the past couple of weeks

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Chocolate digestives are the best I'm sorry

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RIP Jay Rust

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think that's just goons

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

i noticed it happen with MGSV most recently. when it first came out everyone was fuckin exploding with cum over it and now people are like "UGH that game"

I think Uncharted 4 is bad now too (and The Last of Us/GTAV etc etc)

Do people hate Dark Souls 3 yet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Duh

DS2 has been upgraded to good game in its place

Maybe the best strategy is to make a bad game people can warm up to

(but i always liked DS2 so what do I know)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

also hypothetically if i did have friends i would bet one of them would be one who to his dying day never stops recommending to the group at large that they play dota2 and bear it as a personal scar upon his soul when each and every one of us turns him down every single time always coming back repeatedly with new elevator pitches as to why it's such a fantastic game that we'd love

My video game friend spends months/years getting hyped up for every single big game then plays it for an hour

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What's everyone's favourite cartridge in terms of taste? The special gold-coloured Ocarina of Time cartridge for Nintendo 64 is probably mine, off the top of my head.

Cooking Mama

senran kagura bon appetit if I'm eating alone

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Play and enjoy all of the Ace Attorneys IMO

This includes Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Imagine if we woke up tomorrow and all the video game journalism websites were gone

how would the world function

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Love Stole the Day posted:

:allears: this is the best post you've ever made

I'm sorry I will try harder in future

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is thumper good without VR

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah the best price I could find Zelda at was £48

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been avoiding videos/reviews etc because I want to go in as blind as possible but IIRC the E3 demos were on Wii U and it looked like it was running pretty well

I mean it was meant to be on Wii U in the first place so I can't imagine any framerate issues being that much worse than on Switch

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Can't spell Zelda without the letter Z. You also can't spell ZZZ without the letter Z. Makes you think

w-what about jizz

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hopefully we reach a point where you can just put on a thing to scan your brain to accurately calculate if you'd like x game/movie/album

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean I guess it'd always just say 'yeah' to boost sales but w/e

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

I mean, this technology would pretty much allow products to also stimulate your brain in whatever way will make you enjoy it, right? Like if your entertainment system can tell if it's working, it's just going to push your pleasure receptors until your subscription runs out, or your brain breaks and you can't enjoy anything anymore.

I would be ok with all of this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They wanted to give people an alternative to reinhardt which is a good idea imo and I like her design

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Amazon still haven't sent out my copy of Zelda, but it wouldn't be the first time they didn't dispatch it until crazy late. Still says delivering it tomorrow at least.

Same with me

I'm guessing Saturday :saddowns:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The highest review score should be Rainbow Viewtiful

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Amazon you fuckers, loving Monday???

Tuesday for me

In other news I'm currently downloading zelda from eshop

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

:hf:

Sakurazuka posted:

How much is it on there?

£60 :saddowns:

But I already had it preordered at that price from Nintendo's official store until Amazon got it back it stock at £48. It's literally the one video game I would pay £50+ for

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you invert both axis I think you get put on a list somewhere

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

Also it had the entire launch of and subsequent complete indifferent towards VR

What's going on with VR now anyways? Did PSVR do ok/are there upcoming games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zelda is the best but does anyone know if there are real dungeons or is it just lots of the mini puzzle shrines

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah it felt like Sony was pushing Horizon pretty hard

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can we triple the amount of hours in a day until I'm done with zelda please thank you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like it

I wish I could hold a couple more weapons though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

i hate having to manually take out a new weapon after one breaks in the middle of a fight, which happens at least once per fight because weapons only last for maybe two enemies. i hate that things like the torch or the leaf are obviously not meant to be used in fights but they take up weapons slots anyway

I agree on the leaf/torch thing I just stopped carrying a torch since there's usually one there already in places where you need one (and if not you can use fire arrows) The clubs and stuff from the little moblin guys break pretty quick but once you start finding better equipment with like 20-30+ attack it seems last a pretty decent amount of time because I'm always full on weapons now. The durability doesn't really bother me though I think the variety is neat

But I did end up in a combat trial shrine I think was taking on way too early and it broke all my weapons (but I got 3 super strong ones as a reward so it was ok)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there anyone who has been pronouncing gerudo correctly in the past 20 years

I mean it's not a word that comes up often but

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

And that's all the more reason why they should let you choose genders goddamnit!

I don't remember the exact statistic but I think it's only like 10% of people pick femshep in mass effect which is kind of a shame because jennifer hale is very good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nioh has an option to turn off helmets but it means you miss out on this kind of thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it was their big reveal at their E3 conference last year

e: in 2015. Last year's big reveal was...steep

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess the trick is to pick video game characters with normal sounding names, like Leon/Kyle/Gladiolus

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How do you get Rinella from Rinoa

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can I still be a true zelda fan if I'm not reading hylian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I am positive I have mode this exact post in the games chat thread before but jesus christ gently caress Raining Blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkFaPbYKymc

This song is so overcharted that when it appeared in Guitar Hero Smash Hits they made the final note of the song use all 5 buttons on the controller.

Yes, really.

I like Guitar Hero Live's control scheme better where it's two rows of 3 buttons

I guess it probably feels slightly closer to the real thing too maybe??? But I've never played a guitar so I don't know (Rocksmith always looked cool to me I don't know if that's still a thing)

• Locked thread