Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lobok posted:

Alternative. But even then, when you're inside you have to use a light touch. Fine motor control of his walking is not one of the game's strengths.

Geralt is like a 100 years old. Give him a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

wait can we now call out (some) anime for being clearly designed for/by closet pedos in these forums without getting poo poo on by 500 Defenders of Anime?

that's a pretty neat development, cowcaster is on the mark when he says that these forums have attracted people who enjoy media that sexualizes children to an unusual degree in the past, it's hard to tell who is being ironic and who is legitimately into cartoon children, and i've always been surprised/disappointed by the hordes of posters who think they are being "cute" by publicly owning their cartoon fetishes

this doesn't really seem like the best place to harbor that kind of culture, given how many corners of the internet are already dedicated to cartoon fantasies for sadbrains

Have any people have actually defended sexualizing children in this thread or are you just tilting at windmills?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Twilight Princess was the first Zelda I played where I got too bored of the game to finish it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

With mods Skyrim has literally everything

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Colonel posted:

except likable characters

I'm sure you can find a mod that transplants Witcher 3 characters into Skyrim or something

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i used to stand by the "bethesda games are good with mods" train pretty hard but i think at some point something in my brain snapped and i can't stand them anymore, with or without mods

I never said that you can make Skyrim good with mods.

You can add a billion things to Skyrim but under the surface it's still the same garbage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

These gamefaqs level pc vs. console (or kbm vs. controller) arguments sure are great

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

You're opening a can of worms with one of the few existing pad gamers who doesn't use auto aim and could easily compete at high tiers of play against kb+m players. Just a heads up.

Nope.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really like Overwatch since it's an FPS game that I can play well without being able to twitch aim for poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hate your favorite control method and use the one you don't like

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to play crusader kings 2 with a dualshock 4 and dark souls with KBM and you can't stop me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DS3 DLC not being that great is a bummer since FROM had such a stellar track record with DLC before

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

I live with old fussy cats who like to make trouble whenever and if I can't pause, then I'm SOL if I'm in a boss fight and they wanna pee behind the couch.

I mean I'm SOL because I'm bad at boss fights but the point stands

Just quit to the menu if you need to pause

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If the children were worth saving they would save themselves

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dark Souls 3 is my least favorite souls game.

Dark souls 3 is really good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

also yeah what really puts DS2 above DS3 for me a lot is that it had very good pvp while DS3s is very bad

The online in DS2 is the main reason why I like it over the other two games. I sunk a lot of hours into dumb gimmick pvp builds in that game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't go out of my way to shut spoilers out but I'd prefer not to see them. It's nice to be surprised by things.

I don't get why it's so hard for other people to not spoil poo poo for other people who care about that stuff.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Look at these bozos falling for this PS4 Pro gimmick, you can't buy me that easily Sony. *pays $1200 to render Lara Croft's hair in beautiful 2160p.*

Excuse me I bought my 970 so I could play Crusader Kings 2 better

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

SMT4Apocalypse is one of the best jrpgs I ever played

It's pretty good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I don't have any tolerance for any anime stuff

Why are you planning on playing FF12 then?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I was 10 when Chrono Trigger came out. I used to love jrpgs and as a child I watched a lot of anime, but I no longer have any tolerance for it. Besides, Chrono Trigger is pretty inoffensive in its animeness

Lock yourself in a room and watch dragon ball on loop until stockholm yourself into liking it again

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dark souls 3 is worse than Dark souls 2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

I told Steam to stop showing me games with the anime tag and it stopped showing me exactly the kind of game I mean when I say anime but still shows me fighting games, jrpgs and japanese games in general, so it seems most people know exactly what is meant by the use of that term. The only people who don't are willfully dense anime fans like you.

Searching steam with the anime tag shows me Tekken 7, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and SF5

edit: and mega man legacy collection

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

That's weird, I still see those games. I guess there's a margin of error.

I think it's because anime is not in the top tags for them but is still relevant enough to get tagged for it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's extremely anime, when you think about it.

gently caress you it isn't anime at all

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is why I really liked Horizon: Zero Dawn, it's basically Fallout if you got rid of all that campiness

So it's not like fallout at all aside from being post-apocalyptic?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

This would require people to remember anything about FF12.

I remember a lot of deserts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

This reminds me of my friend who loves playing Bravely Default because it "automates combat so he can do something else."

If the best feature in a game is that it removes the need to engage with the gameplay, maybe the gameplay is bad?!?!

The gameplay in BD is really good and the automation is also really good (better in Bravely second though)

• Locked thread