Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm just amazed that I've definitively played 2 of my top 10 games of 2017 in just this one month. Zelda and Nier both blew me away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

That would rule.

One of my personal "wishful thinking" games for a while has been an FF game that's made by Platinum and set in a world like FF1/FF4's, but with a more realistic art style. You could play as a Dragoon, a Red Mage, and maybe a back knight or a black mage who's combos all involve spells coming out of 'em. Comboing Malboros and dragons in the face, stylin' on Chaos, learning classic FF spells.

Basically a platinum game that looks like this, is what I'm getting at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT12DW2Fm9M

Oh and Platinum would do the writing, because seriously.

Probably the only thing that would ever get me to touch another Final Fantasy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

a kitten posted:

After finishing Nier:A i don't know what to do with myself. I've loaded up and almost immediately turned off: HZD, Witcher 3, Last Guardian, and FFXIV because my heart's just not in it right now. It's the sort of feeling i occasionally get from finishing an exceptional book or film, i'm not sure it's ever happened from a game before.

I'm sure i'll get on those games soon, but not today. Not today.

I went and watched a really really upbeat and cheerful anime. After that game you really just need a total change of pace.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

Ugh.

So is Persona 5 actually something that a normal person who has no experience of the series could pick up and enjoy if they only sort of like JRPGs?

Basically, i liked Yakuza 0 with no prior knowledge of the series, is P5 the same?

What appeals to you about it if you don't really like JRPGs? I've only played Persona 4 and it's a very cool unique game but it's very much a JRPG.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yo, thanks for the warning pages back about the new Nier having violence against robots. My friend was excited for it because she heard it had cute robots in it, and having to hurt them would've upset her. You saved her money and grief.

Oh god buying Nier: Automata sight unseen because of cute robots would be a hilarious and terrible idea, I love it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

I'm going on a four-day trip for work on the day I'm getting Persona 5 and I feel very foolish for agreeing to it :negative:

At some point in April I am (hopefully) going to finally be getting a new job that will probably involve a lot of travel and severely limit my time for console games. I'm just hoping I have enough time to beat Persona 5 before that starts up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

So now that Atlus has made assets for a ton of classic SMT demons for the PS4, not to mention spell animations for all the standard Persona/SMT spells and attacks, what are the chances we get another console SMT game using those assets? We got a shitload of SMT and Persona on the PS2 because Atlus could just reuse the assets they'd made for Nocturne, so maybe we'll get another run of console SMT games?

They already announced a new SMT game for the Switch.

• Locked thread