Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How did you hear about them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We need April thread titles.

Something about a Social Link being maxed out?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

oddium posted:

map gamers... they increased Elan! to 40% hahahabaghahaha

It's April 1st in Sweden right now

Or almost April 1st

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The free market works!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It also references movies, so it is a movie

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Frankly I never liked the wacky pop culture references in Fallout games. For several reasons I guess: referential humour is the lowest form of wit, not sarcasm; what are 80s references doing in this far-future sci-fi world whose aesthetics are 60s kitsch; way to date your game, nerds

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

It's 50s kitsch, and that was only a small aspect of the series until 3 came out and went whole hog with it. It was a 50s sci fi utopia that descended into 80s post-apocalypse madness due to war, that was always the idea.

And what better way to reflect that than Monty Python's Holy Grail

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm having a pretty anime day myself...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, I didn't say I liked those references, except for the ones that are actually jokes instead of just making a reference and ending it there.

I've never taken Wild Wasteland in New Vegas because I got so turned off by Black Isle / Obsidian's "wacky side" from the earlier games, but people insist on using it all the time. So do the New Vegas gags fall into the latter category?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In Training posted:

It's kinda messed up that the automated diplomacy in EU4 is part of the paid upgrade because it seems like it's just a QOL improvement to an existing system

It's basically extortion. I like Paradox and I like how relatively open they are, but they do know how to bleed you dry through a dozen microtransactions that aren't even that micro in price

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

NSFW that poo poo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You don't have to be crazy to play games..
But it helps!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was there. 1988. New York. Akira's North American premiere.

I turned to my companion. I said, "Anime will tear us apart."

But they didn't listen.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If it helps, I think a lot of the basic systems in many JRPGs are fundamentally bad, or at least unenjoyable for me. Random encounters can go suck it, especially, and combat is often just "hold X to spam physical attacks". I think they've gotten better at this kind of stuff, but most of my JRPG experiences happened during the SNES and PS1 era.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is that the cat speaking?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Aww I was picturing this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That is definitely not the tone I imagined Nioh having.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My friend forced me to buy this week's Humble Bumble because they're multiplayer-focused but I haven't heard of any of them. Which of these should we start with?

Move or Die
Helldivers
Eon Altar
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Tricky Towers
Rampage Knights

We're just two dudes if that matters

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Destroying a video game disk or cartridge or console is such an early YouTube edgelord thing to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It feels like, while not every lover of anime is a neo-Nazi, every neo-Nazi is a lover of anime, based on Twitter avatars

• Locked thread