Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Got Horizon in today. Do wanna finish Berserk 1st though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Love the thread title :allears:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Which still baffles me. Can you imagine how many more people would buy digital games if they were priced €10-20 cheaper.
But it hurts when i see, for example Nier Automata on the US store for $59,99 and in the EU store Nier Automata is €69.99. Same version.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Didn't the industry try to get games priced at €70. The backlash was so great that they immediately gave up on it?

Edit: Well, most games go to €40-45 in 3-6 months. If you are patient enough.

Sefal fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 2, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
My little sister absolutely loves the WII U. If Nintendo can keep on making awesome 1st party titles, I might get her the switch. But Zelda is just a tad too difficult for her at the moment. Maybe when Splatoon 2 launches.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Kinda tempted to buy the Switch. It's not even sold out. But I'll wait. until it has more games or there's a better deal.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
It's just a week. Don't mind waiting

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I don't think I could call in sick to work when i'm not sick.
Worrying about if they bought it, how it reflects on me. would make me regret calling in sick.
They just need to implement work from home and it would be perfect.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Boosh.

According to scorehero I made the cut by like less than ten thousand points (my secret was using star power on the easy parts to boost my score and ignore actually hitting notes) so I am pretty ecstatic because it means I'll never have to do it again. :toot:
GH3?
Wow. that's pretty drat good. I could barely get through the song on medium.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
It certainly did not help that they were over saturating the market so quickly. Let's not forget DJ hero

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Nier is coming in today. Can't wait to play it. 6 more hours of work and I can induldge myself on that game

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

suuma posted:

Can anyone recommend any real good Nier (1) LPs? I never finished it and I'm not sure I got very far (I found Emil I think?) and I'm not going to find my 360 to play it again but want to go into Nier 2 prepared.

Darkid's let's play of nier was pretty good
https://lparchive.org/NIER/

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Finally got around to playing NieR Automata yesterday. This game is amazing.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I really wanted to take a few days off for NieR. But i'm going on vacation soon and would rather leave the pto days I have left for later in the year.
But i'm absolutely loving NieR so far.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Joke's on you, when they all enter their 30s and lose their popularity, they're gonna have to go back. What will you do then?

Beg and plead for money like dsp does now.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Not snowing, pretty good weather actually but i'm going through NieR atm. got ending A yesterday. Going through a second playthrough tonight.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Played some more NieR Yesterday. Making my way through playthrough B. I wish I was at home still playing it. Such a great game. I cannot wait to continue.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Nier is great.

I want another game like Pepsi man. It's dumb but I had fun with it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

So far I've not seen any that are deliberately designed to troll completionists but they're still kind of busywork, some have good writing and give you a bunch of information about the world however. Fishing is also now incredibly simple and I've not found any quests that require it.

I think I got a cavia moment last night,

C playthrough: Got everything done to complete the sidequests in the village. just before the robots in pascals village get eaten by themselves. Decided to grab the book for pascal before turning them in and then doing them all in one go. It triggered the next step in the story and now I have to do it over again. Going all the way back to the factory and amusement park.

Edit: The sidequest banter in Nier 1 was really good though.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

I finished Nier and when it deleted my save I think a bit of my soul went with it.

Nier automata? Please spoiler that.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Snak posted:

I'm pretty good about not clicking on spoilers, but what I hate is that when I've finished the game, I have to skim back through like 80 pages to catch up on the spoiler discussion in between posts I've already read. I wish it was just standard to make a spoiler thread for games that have heavy plot discussion. Like yeah, both threads end up being lower traffic, but it's more convenient to catch up on the lore-talk when you beat the game.

This is actually why I completely backed out of the NieR thread until I had finished the story. Loved reading the all the discussion pages

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm still waiting for Papers Please to release on the Vita

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

I think a game like that works pretty well on a portable machine.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
It's been 3 years since destiny 1.

I have faith that Destiny 2 can capture the magical moments of the 1st few months of destiny 1.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Would it be weird to talk about a game the company you are working for is making? But you yourself are not involved in the game development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Nate RFB posted:

I really wish I knew why Uncharted 4 is $30 more expensive if you buy it digitally.

Stupid stuff like that is, why Digital stores haven't completely taken over retail stores.

*I still prefer to buy retail not because of the price but because I like to own the physical boxes

• Locked thread