Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm looking up nier music and 50% of youtube thumbnails are spoilers and the other 50% are butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

I'm gonna spoil the hell out of that butt

No one likes a spoiled butt

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

When does Phoenix Wright get less-than-really-good? I've just completed the case with Von Karma (the vampire-looking prosecutor) and it feels great.

There are some stretches that people like less than others but it never like falls off a cliff

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I've seen people with early copies say the wii u version runs about the same

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

glam rock hamhock posted:

Zelda had absurdly high scores on metacritic right now. the minigame collection? Not so much and looks like Bomberman is just sorta meh or at least not really worth the asking price

I'm just gonna buy it for wii u

Well I'm not sure I could find a switch at this point anyway, didn't they sell out everywhere

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Haven't seen frame rates like this in a Nintendo game since the n64

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

People say it has to do with how you think about the camera. If it were a physical thing floating behind your character you would move it downward to look up at the sky, but if you think more abstractly you press up because you want to look up.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Finish playing the one you already started and then move on to the next

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

PSVR "met expectations" and also sold more than oculus and vive combined

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Game super early gives you "DEFEAT GANON" as an objective and then just turns you loose to go figure out how to do that, it's awesome.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

i am 1/2 way through nioh (4th region) and i'm waiting for it to shake things up. i heard the end levels get wacky. i play about a mission a day, only takes like an hour.

afaik nier's world its just space to travel through doing the linear story its not going to be the same as zelda or hzd which seem to have much more potential for getting lost doing gently caress all in a map corner for hours and hours

well there are sidequests that can have you running all over the place but you're right that it's not really an open-world gently caress around game to the same degree zelda and hzd are

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm glad

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Pretty funny listening to reviewers tie themselves in knots trying to explain nier without spoiling it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's an island nation :shrug:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what a world

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://my.mixtape.moe/kmhswt.webm

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

All I actually want from games journalists is for them to regurgitate press releases so I can find out about games coming out because publishers don't send those to me

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

No one sells digital games cheaper because physical retailers would lose their loving minds about it and publishers are big cowards.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it's great that yoko taro finally managed to trick people into buying one of his games

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://my.mixtape.moe/ywwoto.webm

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I use the good weapons I find until they break and then I always find more so it's not a big deal

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dark Souls would be better with music

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

When I replayed dark souls I did it with castlevania music playing and it was way better

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

What's it like to finally play those nes games

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

its really upsetting to look at that

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

precision posted:

I'm somehow stuck at the very beginning. I have no main quest, just a sidequest to get some parts for the Weapon Shop, and when I go to the place there are no enemies and nothing on the ground. I can't seem to get any other quests. ????

Yoko Taro...

save and reload imo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

fridge corn posted:

Everything ive heard about neir Automata makes me hate it even more

I'm glad

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

really because i generally use it as shorthand for "800 year old dragons that look like prepubescent girls"

pretty weird of you imo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hope things get better FAK

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I haven't played ZTD but I'm familiar with all of the memes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Play BS Zelda

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

opening the box wasn't the part I was excited about

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Pollyanna posted:

Nier Automata good, bad? Worth getting? I really need my Nier fix.

good

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I remember in cod4 all the quotes were real earnest "war is great rah rah freedom" stuff and then in mw2 they were replaced by really heinous Rumsfeld poo poo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBWUs8poYU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Teleport mazes are fun

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ oh

Quest For Glory II posted:

e: apparently DQ11's combat is like FF12 with free movement. weird

????

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Play nier on hard if you're going to explore and do sidequests and get into the customization system and use everything the game is giving you, play on normal if you aren't.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sidequests come with huge rewards which offset the difficulty a lot, there are good weapons and materials to upgrade them scattered all over the world, if your chips aren't set up right you'll spend the entire game getting one-shot, and there are super cheap consumables that fully halve the damage you take. The game gives you a lot of ways to manage the difficulty on hard but if you don't take advantage of them it gets really rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i started playing rain world. it's really pretty and the slug cat is cute. the way it controls is a little awkward at first but it really effectively gets across the desperate feeling of prey scrambling from a predator. here's gifs i found

• Locked thread