Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games I am probably going to buy this month:

Horizon
Zelda
Nier
Atelier Firis
Mass Effect
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Toukiden 2

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Small people exist, I know a couple of people whose adult height was like 4' 11 and 5' 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played the Wildlands beta for half an hour and it was hard to imagine a more boring game. Didn't help that it was bookended by some of the worst directed and most self serious cutscenes I've ever seen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Closer to a cookie, with tea it'd probably be a plain digestive or maybe a HobNob if you're feeling fancy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I think Uncharted 4 is bad now too (and The Last of Us/GTAV etc etc)

Do people hate Dark Souls 3 yet

Duh

DS2 has been upgraded to good game in its place

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider was great and Horizon might even be a little better, I'll have to see how it shakes out.

Rise was excruciating outside of the bits where you were actually playing it, Horizon has it beat on that front already.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Literally the only way to tell if you like a game is to play it yourself. Trust no one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Digital always costs more than physical here, unless it's on sale.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well the price of physical is slowly getting pushed up too, getting a new game for less than £45 is going to be rare soon. I blame Brexit and old people.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got the WU version for £40 from Amazon but it's unavailable now. You're screwed if you want the Switch one for less than that though yeah. Some places have been putting Switch games up for like £55.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazon still haven't sent out my copy of Zelda, but it wouldn't be the first time they didn't dispatch it until crazy late. Still says delivering it tomorrow at least.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't despair earlier this year they didn't mark something I ordered as dispatched until like 11pm and it still got here the next day.

I'm gonna be mad if it hasn't when I wake up though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazon you fuckers, loving Monday???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

They never updated mine but I've just said gently caress 'em. Nintendo gets my money directly now.

I'm tempted but I managed to pre order it months ago for £10 less than its going for everywhere now and it's not like I'm short of games to play atm.

E: though I just realised it's entirety possible that's why Amazon stiffed me lol

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 3, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Tuesday for me

In other news I'm currently downloading zelda from eshop

How much is it on there?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

:hf:

£60 :saddowns:

But I already had it preordered at that price from Nintendo's official store until Amazon got it back it stock at £48. It's literally the one video game I would pay £50+ for

Gah, I'd have been tempted at £50 maybe nope to that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Normally I'd be all over a new Nintendo console but there doesn't seem to be anything worth buying one for at the moment, if Zelda was a huge upgrade over the WiiU one it'd be different but eh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I ditched my Amazon order and got Zelda from an actual store you walk in to, amazing technology they have nowadays.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it pretty sad. I only played it for an hour and there were tons of places where it looks like you should have used the pad with stuff, but all it says it 'tap screen to play on game pad!'
Like they couldn't even put the map on there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

I just want all games to let me invert the Y axis because I'm a mutant and I can't play with it non-inverted. Wind Waker on the Wii U is challenging for me because you can't invert the Y axis.

Speaking of: can you invert the camera in Breath of the Wild?

Yes

Both axis if you're a weirdo who plays with inverted X too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

If you invert both axis I think you get put on a list somewhere

Like I'm not on one anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, ReCore. Considering 'from the developers of Metroid Prime' that sure sank without a trace.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

This particular Phoenix Wright case had a few weird translation errors, I don't understand how they can happen.

The mobile port is bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

darksydephil got kicked out of machinima. the only thing i know about him is he got caught masturbating on stream once

a bad year for lets players so far

Good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My current feelings on Horizon vs Zelda is that Horizon is a great open world game, Zelda is an amazing open world.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think I'm still hyped for ME Andromeda, SF RPG's are so rare and it's not like all the other games didn't have crappy animations

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Have CDPR released any more information about that recently? Seems like years since I heard anything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What if it comes out in 2077 :tinfoil:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It might be a thing when physical media for games starts failing hard like with movies nowadays, but it still seems like that's a long way off at the moment (for consoles at least).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty much, basically as long as it's better than DA2 I'll be happy.

Actually scratch that, as long as it doesn't have a character as bad as Sera I'll be happy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I recently discovered that House of the Dead 4 got a PS3 port, sadly it's pretty worthless without being able to use a lightgun with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Zelda is: Adventure; hobby-grade campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Zelda Heroes!

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Zelda is the best but does anyone know if there are real dungeons or is it just lots of the mini puzzle shrines

I've been told there both are and aren't and I don't know who to believe but I'm leaning towards yes there are.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MinibarMatchman posted:

honestly a lot of the framerate "problem videos" I saw for Zelda involved a few seconds on the Plateau starting area, which is an area that overlooks like the ENTIRE loving gameworld so I can understand why rendering and displaying all that poo poo might momentarily stutter a bit. A few stutters when fighting like 5 or more enemies but it hardly bothered me. it's really nothng different from what might happen if you played Bloodborne, which was also mainly 30fps with occasional quick lapses.

The frame rate gets really bad in towns and I hope they patch it at some point because it's 'the bad bits of The Last Guardian' bad. You're very rarely spending a lot of time there though.

Jay Rust posted:

All games should be on PC, all games deserve 60 fps

I'm fine with 30fps if i don't have to deal with PC bullshit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

I think I'm hitting hype backlash on Zelda. I'm about to go finally pick it up but the more I read hyperbolic reactions to it in the Breath of the Wild thread the more skeptical I get.

I don't doubt it's a very, very good open world game, but I feel like people are reacting to things that are general open world conventions as though Breath of the Wild is the first game ever to do them and their mind is blown. Is it just that it's both a very good open world game and also has the Zelda franchise, or are there concrete things about it that really do make it the most incredible open world game ever? Mild gameplay spoilers are okay--I've already spoiled myself on things like how many dungeons there are, so clearly I'm not going in totally blind.

The biggest thing that BotW does differently to most open world games to me is that there's very little gating, the tutorial section won't let you leave until you've done what it wants you to but after that you have all the main powers and you can kind of just run off in whatever direction you want. You do run the risk of running into enemies that are too tough for you, but if you can kill them and take thier better weapons you level the playing field pretty quick.
Other than that the world feels more 'alive' than any other open world I've seen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

raditts posted:

It must be horrifying to live in a temporal anomaly stuck between 1996 and the present day

I can't remember the last time i had to tweak settings on a game beyond maybe screen resolution

I have to every single time I start a new one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think it's funny when idiots get mad at stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Need to get a new battery for my WiiU controller or something, get like 2 1/2 hours out of a full charge now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Are there any decent recent games where you give a squad orders then tell it to go and see how it goes, kinda like how you could for rainbow six: rogue spear?

Ghost Recon: Wildlands is out soon and has aspects of that though it might be more actiony than you're looking for, also I think there's a Warhammer 40K game out soon that's a bit like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's kind of insane that they managed to get a game that looked as good as Uncharted 4 and then make it open world on top.

• Locked thread