Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Apparently the reason I never got the trophy for beating Celceta way back was because I couldn't be bothered to walk up a volcano after beating the final boss and watching a cutscene. Incredible! But now I did it

I never beat the optional boss, it just one shot me even after I finished the game so I figured it would require more grinding than was acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

Sorry everyone. Sorry.

In other news I just saw a shrink-wrapped pallet labeled Starbucks Ritual Tools and I'm worried about what dark secret I've just inadvertently stumbled over.

:tinfoil:

I've been playing AssCreed a lot recently and I'm starting to think the dumb conspiracy stuff is real

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Please describe exactly what makes one of these less 'anime' than the other thanks

Please don't make him post his stupid list again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

It makes me sad that the DS version doesn't have Woolsey's translation. :(

It's 99% Woolsey's script.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

raditts posted:

So Dragon Quest Heroes is on sale right now on Steam... Worth :20bux:, yay or nay?
I don't usually like musou games that much single player, but I remember hearing some good things about this one when it came out. But the steam reviews being "mixed" is giving me pause.

It's a mixture of typical Musou stuff and tower defence and leans a lot more heavily on the latter.
The menu system is taken straight from a DQ game and is an utter pain in the arse if you have to do a bunch of stuff at once, but it's not a deal breaker if the first sentence sounds appealing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

Speaking of musou: I asked about this before and now I don't remember the answer, but would Hyrule Warriors be a good introduction to musou for someone who's never played one? I'm on a pretty big Zelda kick and some hacking and slashing sounds like a good time.

Yes it's pretty much still the best one and has an insane amount of content if you enjoy it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

What about Wii U?

WiiU is fine performance wise and looks better but is missing stuff from the later 3DS version even if you buy all the DLC, notably best character Linkle's story mode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah I always forget that wasn't in the original version.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The bit where the guy misses a whole damage cycle because he chokes jumping up the demons arm is very relatable.

Also it looks like he's charging and attacking at the same time and I've never found a comfortable setup for that. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

It's pretty easy to do if you're playing on a keyboard

Gah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Instead of 'Fly Me To The Moon' it's the cake song.

• Locked thread