Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

How does someone like that even find Waypoint/the podcast :psyduck: their content is like their loving anathema

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Help Im Alive posted:

Did Waypoint exist before 2 weeks ago

It launched in October. I quite like it :shrug:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

CJacobs posted:

I am positive I have mode this exact post in the games chat thread before but jesus christ gently caress Raining Blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkFaPbYKymc

This song is so overcharted that when it appeared in Guitar Hero Smash Hits they made the final note of the song use all 5 buttons on the controller.

Yes, really.

Raining Blood, bane of my existence :argh:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna be charitable and say they sometimes make cool games but uh FF13 wasn't great shakes, they had to remake their MMO because it was kinda bad, and as a publisher they seem to make a lot of shall we say questionable decisions like what happened with Mankind Divided. Maybe Hitman depending on how strongly you feel about always-online. Nier Automata might be the best thing with the Square name on it to come out recently but it's also worth pointing out that Square didn't make that one, they just published it, Yoko Taro and Platinum were the ones responsible for making it.

Okay, but it can't be overstated how goddamn good FF14 is post-reboot, which is why I keep stating it in these threads. It was a really gutsy decision and really paid off.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Help Im Alive posted:

What's mario about it

Mar 10

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Kai Tave posted:

Call me crazy but I think Jim Sterling actually has plenty of regular-grade attention already and that he didn't need to twirl his cartoon mustache before giving the new Zelda a 7/10 score in order to reap the massive benefits of people lining up to tell him to drink bleach.

Yeah I mean god forbid that he actually just found the game alright and had a couple of really big faults to pick with it, as per the other 1000+ words of the review that didn't read "7/10"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Sakurazuka posted:

Equating something like that to a serious problem in sexual assault cases is pretty lovely tbh

Well known non-issue of harassment

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

FirstAidKite posted:

A person can say that there is a difference between "a person is being harassed online and people agree that the people doing the harassing are being shits regardless of whether the person being harassed was being purposefully inflammatory or not" and "a victim of sexual assault should not be blamed for the way they dress and act, it's not their fault if they are sexually assaulted" while still believing both are important issues.

This is a very, very charitable reading.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dr Cheeto posted:

Disagree emphatically. I played Ocarina 3D as my first Zelda game last year. I know they made a number of improvements to the game but it absolutely holds up, and the only N64 games I've got nostalgia for are GoldenEye and Mario Kart.

Please don't go back and play GoldenEye in 2017, it's so rough nowadays :smith:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Picking up speed, runnin' out of time
Goin' head to head
It's the way of life
We gotta fall down and meet ground
To get back up again
Let's Beyblade!
Spinning it out at the speed of sound
Gonna rip it up
Now the bet is down
We're the team with a bang, our gang is the one that's gonna win!
Let's Beyblade!
Beyblade!
Let's Beyblade!
Let's Beyblade!
Beyblade!
Let It Rip!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Earth Table posted:

Now I feel bad because I feel like I was partly responsible for this unproductive derail.

What games are those of you with snow days playing today? After I finish some coding stuff it's making my way through more BOTW. I might also dabble in some Battlefield 1 as a change pace. Thanks for listening.

It's lovely and sunny outside but my contract ends on Friday and I'm going to play so much Stardew Valley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

mutata posted:

As per usual all of these issues are infinitely more complex and interconnected than people want to paint them. There's a vast spectrum running from "actual racism and antisemitism" all the way down to "quotes memes with friends because that's what all teenagers ever have done yes even you it's just they were called dumb and dumber and Austin powers quotes back then". Lots of stuff in between. Kids can even yell jokes in one part of the spectrum while actually holding beliefs in another part.

I know it's crazy, but they're very similar to you and your friends when you were teenagers!

Yeah, I was gonna reply and say "well we were never loving anti-semites!!!" but then I remembered that we always used "jewed" to describe getting hosed over soooooo

• Locked thread