Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol IGN has been retard-level poo poo for years. I sympathize with anyone who reads them for anything. You'd be better off reading the indepth takes on even Kotaku, Destructoid, or Eurogamer

6.7 where the gently caress do these fractional numbers come from, is this Polygon

The switch and ign can both be poo poo :ssh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

nintendo is kind of coming into a generation where non-exclusive AAA games are kind of getting less interesting. FINANCIALLY they will hurt from not having mass effect but like. do i give a gently caress about ghost recon wildlands or for honor? no. dgaf about metal gear survive

at this point its all about sony having horizon, persona 5, nioh

nintendo having zelda, mario, splatoon

microsoft having

uh

lol

worked out well for the wii u

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

an actual dog posted:

Woah, they're making a movie based on Sleeping Dogs. I know the developer went kaput but maybe this means they're making another game with a different studio?

Sleeping Dogs: The Movie: The Game

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I can't decide whether I should be playing Horizon or Breath of the Wild :(

Play Zelda then Horizon

Both are good games

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

magnum_valentino posted:

Folks, I've just bought a Switch and I don't like the feel of the Joy-Cons too much. If I sell 'em and buy a Pro controller, am I likely to regret it at any stage? Is it necessary in any way to have at least one set with the machine?

I'm never likely to have local multiplayer in the house, nor will I be playing the console outside its cradle, if that makes things simpler.

There are some games that absolutely do not work with the pro controller so

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

I'd rather have poo poo textures and high frame rate than the other way around, personally.

:yeah:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

See also: Star Fox Zero getting tons of undeserved flak for "it's just Star Fox 64 again" when "just Star Fox 64 again" is what fans were asking for in the first place

The terrible control scheme didn't help

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The theory that Andromeda is a Galaxy Quest-style parody of the original series gains more and more traction

This would be for the best

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

ah good news they're rebooting Darkplace as Darkspace

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/842239459928166400

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA07hLF-3tE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

People who eat food are the worst

I mean technically that is food

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

They would call it Zweihander

:golfclap:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

how is ratchet and clank ps4

very good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

No, but deviant art did

That's just what he looks like lol

Why is Fu Manchu a transformer?

Why does he have amazing nipple jets?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

e: apparently DQ11's combat is like FF12 with free movement. weird

ff12 had free movement, unless you mean it in some other way

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Some of those logos are :psyduck:

e:

bloodychill posted:

You're opening a can of worms with one of the few existing pad gamers who doesn't use auto aim and could easily compete at high tiers of play against kb+m players. Just a heads up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 27, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

haha good, at this rate the game is enjoyable enough but the aspect of route 2 so far for me is less about "oh this new combat is fun" and more about "ok when will things pick up and I can stop retreading things". so I've been anxious about when things truly diverge

End of Route B and beyond basically.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

the bad w3 ending is where ciri is emperor instead of a witcher with her mom and dad living in the woods right

Nah you mixed them up. It's ok there are lots of bad dads out there.

But seriously, the bad ending is pretty great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

This. I never thought of MGSV as an open world, more like a hub that happened to house other random things to find and the overall map where other missions took place. It was kind of annoying calling the helicopter and not being able to simply fast travel to another map location without going ALL the way home, though. Even with that plus the grind to get certain, totally optional weaponry (you can beat most of the game with very basic tools except maybe the godawful boss battles) it still stands out as one of the best stealth action games ever. To this day I still get disappointed when I can't go from a run to a leaping dive and into a roll in any 3rd person shooters. Honestly that's partially why I tried Wildlands thinking it would be like MGSV and being incredibly put off by how stiff and lovely it was. Any game like that just feels stiff after playing MGSV.

Sit in a cardboard box at a delivery point and a truck will pick you up. Then you can pick a destination to go, assuming you have picked up the delivery slip at that place.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lets hang out posted:

ripped a vulture's face off and now slug cat is wearing it as a mask :toot:

How is Rain World? Game looks gorgeous, but I heard it has some frustrating / bad mechanics.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lets hang out posted:

I like it a lot. Three zones in, haven't really gotten frustrated with it yet. No shortage of deaths but they're almost always educational in some way. Game doesn't explain itself at all so you either need to pay really close attention or be willing to go looking for tips online

Lakbay posted:

The negative criticism are 100% accurate but I'm also liking it for some reason even though my tastes tend to reflect aggregate metacritic scores. Slugcat should be renamed as Sluggish Cat because of how clumsy he controls when he's trying to enter screen transitions and you can totally get screwed by RNG because everytime you die monster spawns are shuffled. That said it was fun sharing discoveries with lets hang out in IRC last night. Early game discussions when stuff hasn't been thorougly datamined and spreadsheeted on gamefaqs is fun at first and it captures that

:tipshat:

Sounds fun with some flaws. Guess I'll pick it up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

Remember Outcast from 1999? Well, it's getting a sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYI32gSrA4

Did they make that sequel in the early 00's then not release it until now? Because those are some poo poo rear end animations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/847524094182592512

I guess that's one VR headset down.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

valve invented steam and subsequently the entire digital download market so some respect is warranted

That respect was lost with the introduction of early access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Look at these bozos falling for this PS4 Pro gimmick, you can't buy me that easily Sony. *pays $1200 to render Lara Croft's hair in beautiful 2160p.*

Don't forget about 144 fps.

• Locked thread