Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wonder what the difference between a 6.7 and a 7 is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

raditts posted:

It's kind of annoying but not a huge deal IMO. The sprint button is B and the jump button is X, so if you want to do a running leap you kind of have to reach over with two fingers. I haven't run into a situation where sprint + jump is necessary over regular run speed + jump though.

If you release the sprint button and quickly tap jump you do a running jump. You can tell it works because the jump will cost stamina.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The NES had the awesome Castlevania 3 soundtrack.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is it about Zelda that it seems to have the most rabid superfans? I mean, I liked Link to the Past but I don't think it changed my life, and I never dug into any of the later ones

It's a videogame.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Do fans in other mediums give a poo poo about reviews? Pretty sure movie reviews are seen as a novelty.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Neogaf has review threads for basically every AAA game and they are always hilariously full of drama. I'm pretty sure the only reason Opencritic exists is upset videogame fans.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I remember pre-GTAV release when people were getiing upset about potential low reviews as a potential reaction to the overly positive GTA4 reviews.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bloodychill posted:

The odd thing is all the Mass Effect games had way better combat than DA:I and came before it. It's been too long for me to comment on the side quests though. All I remember are the character quests, which were usually good.

There is a reason you only remember the character quests in Inquisition, most side quests were really cheaply done or really cheaply done and also just text with a timer.

Did the party member sidequests even have choices?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The big quest in Inquisition where you go to a party and pick the next queen or whatever reminded me of Alpha Protocol but bad and with much more of the boring combat.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's amazing that people managed to somehow enjoy the original Deus Ex in the dark years before you needed a minigame for hacking and lockpicking.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Hacking that is just 'press button : win" is really boring. I played Deus Ex that way but I certainly didn't go "oh boy I can't wait to hack, it's so fun," especially because the time limit meant that I was either looking for passwords anyway or copy-pasting emails to read awkwardly. The fun part of hacking in DE was what it let you do,not the actual gameplay, and finding a way to make hacking more engaging and interesting is a good thing.

Making it sudoku is probably not the solution there.

I would go so far as to say making it take ten times as long is bad.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dragon Age Inquisition was called a "return to form" for Bioware for long enough that I stupidly bought it, not falling for that again.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

It's card games and not video games but there are multiple tales of game stores telling Yu Gi Oh players that they aren't welcome any more...I don't mean specific players, I mean people who play Yu Gi Oh period...because the crowd they attract is so intensely toxic that it drives other customers away, and that's kind of a big deal since Yu Gi Oh is an extremely profitable game for many brick and mortar stores so for them to say "we don't want you here, go away" means they're willing to give that up just to not deal with the fan base.

Pretty unrelated but the Yu Gi Oh cartoon makes the Pokemon cartoon look logical and is almost pure marketing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Everyone solves their problems by playing Yu Gi Oh, I saw half of one newer episode where a cop has to beat the protagonist at Yu Gi Oh to be able to arrest him.

It's like if Transfromers was drama literally about kids playing with toys.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The facial expression of the female protagonist in Mass Effect really reminds me of the protagonist faces in the last Pokemon. Has about the same emotional range too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wanna pay like ten bucks for the Ghostbusters psvr game that's about ten minutes long and has an annoying voice telling you to hurry for half the experience.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

There was a neat thing GTA4 did where I think they recorded multiple versions of each conversation when you're driving somewhere on a mission. So if you failed the mission and had to do the drive over again they'd have different dialog (Actually I guess they probably did the same thing in GTA5 but I don't remember much about the single player in that game)

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been a GTAIV remaster or something, I would probably buy it

It would have been better to just have checkpoints but I appreciate the effort.

GTAV also has a poo poo-ton of optional dialogue, a lot of which you probably miss out on normally.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

as apposed to sony and microsoft who have extremely strict marketplace rules

There's some poo poo on consoles, but no rpg maker games yet I think.

The PS3 avatar marketplace tho... not so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Reminder that Portal 2 has a hats buying system.

• Locked thread