Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

FizFashizzle posted:

In case you're not following this story...

Bruce Allen's back, baby http://i.imgur.com/skmnGCY.mp4 football daddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah but I'm not sure your defense would appreciate your 0-second offensive drives

You can EASILY get around this by only having 11 active players on offense, with the other 35 players on your active roster comprising the deepest defense in the league.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

TheChirurgeon posted:

Part of this is also that coaches just don't attempt 70-yard field goals. If it's not something you have to do ever, and you don't practice the poo poo out of it, you're not going to get good at it. And since you aren't good at it (and since there's a lot of upside to trying to get across mid-field), coaches don't want to try it. Also the risk of a short FG getting returned for a score is pretty high, given that you don't have your coverage unit on the field.

I'm gonna note that there are kickers out there who have the leg to go 70, but it would require line driving the ball and making yourself extremely vulnerable to a blocked kick.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Grittybeard posted:

^^--in Volkerball's defense you have been one of the loudest 'don't draft running backs high' guys unless I'm mixing you up with someone else

There are other OU players at the combine, aside from coaches you can talk to a running back who sat in every meeting with the guy and probably knew him pretty well. There's not a lack of people to talk to about Mixon. As for the rest, oh no you might have to attend a pro day and set up a meeting to talk to the guy.

Also, ew of course, but his complaints don't make a lot of sense aside from convenience.

Teams are only allocated 30 official visits with prospects. That's a valuable resource to spend on a guy who turns out to be a knucklehead, when you could've just sat down with him at the combine and thought "oh wow, holy poo poo this guy is a tool" and immediately moved on.

When you think of the types of players who are the trickiest to evaluate due to makeup concerns, the Mixons of the world are who teams probably want to see at the combine more than anyone else - the tough evaluations are who you want to have a fat pamphlet of info on. Not to mention the medicals, which for a workhorse position like RB should be pretty valuable

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjg5WAKqhDM&t=11s

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I don't for one second believe that's Jim Tomsula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Jusyczyk got far more touches than your average FB but he was only really successful when uncovered out of the backfield. If you line him up like a TE and expect him to beat anyone in coverage you're going to be tremendously disappointed.

Shanahan keeps a FB on the field for 30% of snaps and schemes losers like Toilolo open, I wouldn't worry about Juszczyk

• Locked thread