Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Hes gotta have pics of Trump Belichick and Kraft in a weird foursome with the "Sticky" Lombardi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Wait what happened to Parm?

He melted down hard because the Chiefs signed Tyreek Hill

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's possible, but you've got to remember that there's a significant number of cases where you are better off pinning your opponent inside the 10 than scoring 3 points

I really cant think of any...

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kalli posted:

The only time I can think you want this is when you are up by 9 or 10 points with like <2 minutes left in the game.

Why? Surely its still better to take your points?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Intruder posted:

If you can't protect a 2 TD lead with less than two minutes to go why would you expect to protect a TD and FG lead

What you end up with is the team driving down and then kicking a FG as soon as the offense bogs down, maybe even on second or third down, rather than having teams forced to try to convert third or fourth and long

It's also significantly easier to get into FG range than score a TD, especially when you need chunk plays

Yeah...I figure if you have points on offer you should take them every time

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Are we not talking in hypotheticals here with a kicker with an 80% accuracy from 60+ yds

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wouldn't your super accurate robo kicker be the one kicking off, so you wouldn't have to worry about him kicking it out of bounds or pinning them inside the 10 - he could just do it?

Eh even a super accurate kicker could not account for a bad ball bounce

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

What teams would you consider on a short timer for success right now. e.g teams that have an ageing cast of vets that are going to cripple them when they leave in a couple of years as they go into a rebuilding phase

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

You could basically just go off QB age at this point:
- Brady 39
- Roethlisberger 34
- Eli 36
- Rivers 35
- Brees 38

Every one of those guys is looking at probably 2-3 more years of good play at the most, and when they retire or drop off, their teams are hosed if they haven't found a successor. New England might not be, but I've always been under the impression that Belichick would retire when Brady does.

It would be the most Belichick thing to not retire and walk to a SB with Brady's replacement to cement that its all him

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TBeats posted:

Use your head.

Isnt that her job?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I have an official Dawkins jersey and I'm not buying another one until the SB winning QB of the Eagles....so may have to wait awhile

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Pops Mgee posted:

Speaking of Chinese jerseys, what's the current go to for bootlegs these days. I don't feel like digging up the old jersey thread and I'm sure any sites listed in there have likely been shut down anyways.

Aliexpress I think is still the goto for bootleg stuff

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Eagles withdrew the Helmet proposal

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Google Joe Montana

He doesn't know anything pretty 2012. Will probably just call it fake news

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Btw, seahawks dynasty is still here.
1SB winning team is now a Dynasty? Hmmmm

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Two SBs in a row, then two playoff runs, and each season the top defense, seahawks probably have the best chance at the SB this year too, especially with Eddie Lacy on the team

Since the SB they have been regressing...next years Wild Card loss will show that even more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you don't go to the SB every year after going two in a row your team is regressing, just wait the seahawks are gonna dominate the next 2 seasons

Won SB
Lost SB
Lost in divisional game
lost in divisional game

Looks like regression to me

Edit. Derp

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 29, 2017

• Locked thread