Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
It would be the most Spanos thing to do that after not budging on it for years in San Diego.

Which honestly would be a step up because the Chargers' current Navy unis look like Penn St. hand-me-downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

kiimo posted:

Uh, I'd be interested in both Stevie Johnson and Brandon Flowers.

WTF

Ross covered Flowers pretty well. As for Stevie, he missed all of last year with a meniscus tear IIRC and when he was on the field in '15, he wasn't terribly productive. Just didn't really click.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Chargers are pretty boned anyway because of their inability to evaluate o-line talent for like, a decade now.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

pyromance posted:

Isn't he loving godawful? Good luck to them with that.

He's a good talent evaluator as long as his gambles on injury-prone players in college work out.

When it doesn't, well, you get all of the Chargers' drafts from 2007 to 2011. So, uh, sorry in advance if that happens.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Jesus.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Plus it isn't out of the realm of possibility Dallas could take another OT or OG prospect in the middle rounds. They've been a really good coaching staff at developing o-line talent over the last few years.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if anywhere else will pick up McCloughan. He's worked miracles in each of his three stints in the NFL.

It'd never happen, but i'd really love for him to work for the Chargers in some capacity. He has a serious eye for talent, and frankly Telesco could really use some help in that department...

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Must be a challenge for the blood to get up to his head, with that neck of his and all...

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Luck reminds of Roethlisberger if the latter had to carry mediocre to lovely teams early in his career before he became more efficient.

He's pretty good. I don't get why people pretend he isn't when he's never been the problem in Indy.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Bengals & Chargers had the best colour rush unis by far.

Jacksonville's looks like a rotten mustard packet or some poo poo.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
How come Jordan didn't work out? I remember vaguely Dolphin fans complaining he was being misused but that's about all.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I know we've talked about it before but 2013 was a pretty lovely draft class all around.

PFT ran a story about how Miami doesn't have anybody from that class left on their roster. I'm pretty sure the only player from that class still on the Chargers roster is Keenan Allen.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I'd trade a second for Richardson in a heartbeat. He'd easily be the second best d-lineman on the Chargers' roster and he's versatile enough to play different positions along the line well. I don't think it'd work salary wise currently though, and trades like that aren't Telesco's thing.

But then I wanted Wilkerson last year so lol.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

What makes you think it's scuttlebutt? Going into 2016, he had all of 115 carries out of the shotgun (compared to 2257 handoffs from center) and has said in the past he prefers to run out of singleback formations.

Plus I remember he looked awful running out of the 'gun when the Vikings played the Niners in the 2015 season opener. Just looked completely uncomfortable doing it.

Ehud posted:

Saying AP is one dimensional isn't exactly a stretch, guys.

Yeah. I mean you can make a valid argument that he's one of the best pure runners ever, just based on his speed, physicality & vision in his prime. But he was never much of a receiver and always looked lost picking up the blitz. I mean I guess one could blame Brad Childress for doing a poor job of coaching him up before he developed bad habits, but still. AP is absolutely one of the best RBs i've ever seen, but his lack of versatility really kinda hamstrings an offense at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Chargers off-season program starts next week. At Chargers park in San Diego.

It's closed to the public

Lol @ the Spanos family's cowardice forever

• Locked thread