Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought they left St Louis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

And yeah, letting Murray walk was the right deal. Remind me again of how great Murray was on the Eagles?

I don't necessarily disagree with you but this is really disingenuous

He was fantastic on a team that used him correctly last season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

troofs posted:

A theoretical kicker that was over 90% from 60+ yards out would be well worth a first. If you had a guy who was money from that distance it would be a huge advantage. If your offense was functional at all you would barely punt.

So you're saying it would be a wasted pick for the Texans

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's possible, but you've got to remember that there's a significant number of cases where you are better off pinning your opponent inside the 10 than scoring 3 points

I'm struggling to think of one

I'd rather be pinned at my 1 down a FG or less than have it at the 25 needing a TD if you're talking about time being a significant factor

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hasn't Mixon still shown basically no remorse though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess if you're up 5 with like a minute or so left in the game and they have no timeouts

But even then you're a missed tackle away from being hosed

Actually Kalli's scenario is probably better

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If you can't protect a 2 TD lead with less than two minutes to go why would you expect to protect a TD and FG lead

What you end up with is the team driving down and then kicking a FG as soon as the offense bogs down, maybe even on second or third down, rather than having teams forced to try to convert third or fourth and long

It's also significantly easier to get into FG range than score a TD, especially when you need chunk plays

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's an interesting and surprising chart, but also isn't focused on end game situations where you can't march down the field for 5-6 minutes and have to try to score within a minute or so

I'm somewhat talking myself in and out of both situations over here

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wow, Gronk owns two time machines

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not as funny as him running slower than Mount Cody

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Man imagine thinking your GM has some serious issues and not taking care of that BEFORE FREE AGENCY AND THE DRAFT THE MOST IMPORTANT MONTH OF A GM'S YEAR.

The Texans did that after firing Capers and had their best draft in franchise history :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Titans fan gets 2017 AFCS Champion Tattoo

:laffo:

More reasonable than the Lions SB champ guy I guess

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

It just occurred to me that I don't think they even make hats for division champions. And you can take a hat off.

The Colts make hats for "Division Participant"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

If Carr decided he wanted to quit his job and move his family to Africa to spread the word of the Lord the Raiders are easily a 4 win team

I pretty much assumed he means retired due to age after a long career, not retires out of nowhere for no reason at 25

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Perfect

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

I forgot about this. Lol the Padres.

That's the Astros at their tankiest

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nope, that's Altuve covering first before the ball goes wide and into right field

He may actually be the only player involved in that play who's still on the team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

iirc we opened that offseason with something like $5M in obligations and started the season with a $22M payroll, a full like 15M below the next lowest team

Wandy Rodriguez was by far the highest paid player by the Astros that season

He was not on the Astros

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please Tony

Please

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

I know I asked this before but is it even possible to sign Romo with Brock still on the team? Or do you just cut Brock?

You have Brock as a very expensive backup that you will cut the following season

You actually lose $6m in cap space by cutting him this offseason

Grittybeard posted:

Can you cut a guy now and just designate him as a June 1 cut?

Yes, but you don't get to use the cap space until June 1 I think

It's pretty much a do-right thing so the player can find a new team before all the FA money has been spent

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 8, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

Interesting, so signing a QB worth a poo poo while keeping Brock for one season won't really hamstring them at all

Yeah the contract was structured so that after 2 years the Texans could cut bait if it wasn't working out. He's only six million in dead money next offseason

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Removing names from lockers and replacing them with numbers, no names on jerseys either, also no decal on helmet until you EARN it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm tired of this team and its incompetent ownership, I'm going to support the team owned by the Glazers instead

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/rolandsmartin/status/839875211793158144

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TBeats posted:

Saturday down south called Tebow a baseball laughing stock.

Lmao

He went to the wrong on-deck circle because he thought lefties always warm up on the same side of the infield

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Diqnol posted:

Can someone link me or explain to me why they think Bortles isn't a decent QB? I've seen that opinion around these parts for a while but statistically he seems pretty good, even if a bunch of it is garbage time.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

not arguing that; just funny that if McClain is right then the Texans just wanted Osweiler gone and it may not have even been due to Romo

Can you blame them?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

yeah i'm with you. even in a vacuum it's the right move. but they do have to do something now since they don't have a qb

TOM

SAVAGE

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

axeil posted:

Has there ever been as blatant a salary dump trade as the Brock trade? I'm trying to think up one and coming up empty.

There are tons of them in the NBA but I think having as much cap space as the Browns with so little hope for being worth a poo poo the following season to be willing to eat that kind of hit is uncharted territory

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Send Cousins to Houston, there's an opening at QB :getin:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's a rough thing to hear in your deadlift set shortly before dealing with an email server outage

I also want to make a race joke but Welker's thing where some dude said "No wonder we suck" upon finding out he played for the Dolphin ruins that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Here's a funny thing that you might get because like me you're from the south (though I don't know if Florida is part of the Texas "You want a coke? Ok what kind?" club)

Dude was in town from a northern office, asked my coworker where the pop machine is

Coworker replied that we used Microsoft Exchange

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

i know more about some of you guys than i do about my sister.

Is your sister hot

asking for a friend

e: "Intruder don't you have a wife?" *tugs collar*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My cure for a hangover is to be straight edge and tell cops to read my knuckles

Haha jk I get drunk as poo poo all the time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

So as I'm listening to Dallas radio talk about Romo, I'm just a little irritated by a stance some are taking: People are comparing Romo to Tom Brady, in that Brady continuously took less money to make sure the Patriots could afford other pieces. Romo, on the other hand, always took top dollar contracts.

Am I wrong in thinking this is a bullshit stance to take? Romo has been hated by his own fanbase after a season as a starter, and had to play around the myriad of bad draft choices and poo poo offensive linemen for over five years. Criticizing him for making as much as he can while he's still able seems like a ton of bullshit. Tom Brady has had the benefit of being around THE coach of the NFL, with a wife who ensures he stays a millionaire regardless of whether he plays football or not. Also, winning as many Super Bowls as he already has means Brady can retire whenever the gently caress he wants and coast off of his name and fame for the rest of his life.

Seems like some bullshit to bring this up now, just because he's on his way out.

It's bullshit in general because almost every player is going to go for the maximum earnings, Tom Brady's situation shouldn't be held up as the norm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm somewhat getting the feeling Jerry isn't going to let Romo go to Houston. He needs to be the big dog in the state, and if that means eating all of Romo's cap hit this year to trade him to Denver for a conditional 7th then so be it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

Justin Houston is going to destroy Romo's back in week 1 if he goes to the Broncos.

:ohdear:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's not going to poo poo all over the guy even if he thinks he sucks

I don't think he said a bad word about Hoyer either despite the "Get this motherfucker out of the game" moment

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ooohhh, I missed that. Do we have a clip?

https://twitter.com/B1ackSchefter/status/685971191979352064

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jeffery

andey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Supposedly he showed police text messages from her where she claimed she would ruin his career if he broke up with her, then the allegations came out

• Locked thread