Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The Superbowl pregame was getting his foot in the door I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chichevache posted:

You may not know this out in Myrtle Beach, but in Florida and the West Coast we have this thing called "latinos". You may have heard the president talking about them.

I... think? he was making a Shakespeare joke

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Taking the memorabilia that Americans won't

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 20, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TFF once again shocked that famous millionaire supports republican nominee

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Remember when they wanted to trade for Kaepernick last year as long as he'd redo his contract?

Wonder why they haven't shown any interest this offseason.

Well they've invested a first round pick in the position since then as well

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

Why won't this dumb league just use college OT rules

Because they're trying to make the games shorter

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't imagine any reason for shortening it from 15 to 10 unless you're literally trying to make the game shorter to IDK

e: Ok finally actually clicked the link and the reasoning is hilarious. If a team played a 15 minute overtime on Sunday then had to play Thursday they'd be at a disadvantage

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"Man these Thursday games really suck, both for teams and for the quality of the games. Ah well what can you do" *changes overtime rules*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah pretty much. So football games would have like 8 hours of stoppage time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

No it wouldn't because the clock stops during stoppages in the NFL. In soccer, it keeps running. If we were on soccer rules, at the start of the game there'd be a kick return, a few first downs, a punt, and then it'd be the two minute warning

I was responding to the idea of a running clock with stoppage time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

aperion posted:

so his jersey hasn't arrived yet?

Hopefully it arrives and it turns out to be one of the cheap knockoff kind like he gave to his first child

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Russell Wilson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone post that gif of Kaep checking to a run at his own one yard line while a receiver is literally jumping up and down trying to get his attention because no one is covering him

e: well here's the video http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000570028/49ers-Colin-Kaepernick-doesn-t-see-open-receiver

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DEAR MYSTERY NFL REPLAY OFFICIAL

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

Lol. Johhny Football can't play on the Browns cuz he sucks has people musing about upside. Kaep one fade away from winning a Super Bowl can't get job.

Kaep is a distraction unlike the hard drinking woman beating JFF

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Seems reasonable

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The best QB who will never get a ring is Matt Ryan

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Didn't Intruder ban a bunch of people for using this before seeing that's actually Eli's first name?

No

Grittybeard posted:

I can't decide if that's my favorite rivals probation or the time MV probated someone (might have been Intruder actually) for talking about Demarcus Faggins.

It was Kirios

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, our "problem" with Intruder was him being too lax on bans.

Banning LWB is my greatest regret as a mod

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Jaxson De Ville rules. :colbert:

Yeah, he's also retired

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brady is going to do that Favre commercial, only for real

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah seriously lol loving tennis

It's obviously Howe and possibly Jagr if he can go 2-3 more years. It's so much more impressive than tennis

Tennis owns and I'm surprised you don't know that when all your country club buddies play

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

e: Big George Foreman deserves mention for hanging around forever too, although he did take 10 years off in the middle.

I think it's funny people accuse Moorer of taking a dive when if you watch the fight not only does George pretty clearly catch him right before the final KO punch (his hands just drop like a foot), after the KO you can clearly see Moorer's eyes are just glass at that point

I still maintain big George was a better boxer than Ali and it took a perfect storm of circumstance for him to lose that fight

Amy Pole Her posted:

I do. It's why I'm laughing. I grew up playing tennis. It's obviously a great sport but if we're talking "what sport is impressive to play at age 50" it's not tennis.

That would be like saying a kicker at 42 and a QB at 42 would be the same. Not even close.

Playing professional style tennis is absolutely impressive to play at 50. If you're talking about those older guys who just return everything like a backboard or something but never hit any winners or drop shots and just try to outlast you, sure

(those fuckers eat me alive since I'm more of a ground stroke and volley player and suck at drop shots so I can't really force them to move and they just lob it over me if I go to the net)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 28, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bartolo Colon is still going

One of my favorite factoids about him is that he started his career the same year Turner Field opened and has outlasted it

Jamie Moyer played until he was 49

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 28, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ultimate is also dumb and bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

This deserves its own thread, TBH. Much like the thread that got me into TFF, brett farves dick.

Done

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't understand what I'm watching here

More sports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEKvBsmDWBc

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe regarding the defense faking injuries or something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Haha I forgot about that, it was pretty great

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

what the gently caress is happening here

I googled it and apparently each team sends a "raider" to the other side and his job is to touch someone on the other team and get back to his side without being tackled, all in a single breath

Weird

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm sorry Intruder, but you're just going to have to take one for the team.

I've already accepted Romo will never be a Texan

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'll buy into the Seahawks dominance narrative once they stop losing to the Rams

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Cowboys lost their entire starting secondary so Jerry's insistence on dragging out the Romo saga is super perplexing to me

But I guess all the good FAs are gone now so whatever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Minnesota State lost their team? That's a shame

Grittybeard posted:

This works better if you have a recently dominant or at least very good team. I'd advise you to check out the Kawalimus system where you insult everyone's intelligence by claiming everything about your team is the worst ever in a transparent attempt to get attention, although you might have to find an obscure hobby to make people like you.

I'm going to take up train spotting

Also the Texans are garbage

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Speaking of, what's the name of the main character in La Blue Girl again?

Alyssa Milano

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jesus, Cleveland

lol how did the Texans finish with a winning record

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Who is LAC

Was there an LAC last year

Also San Diego would have won 14 games last year if games ended after 3 quarters

The Clippers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What if it was a dick that she kept in a jar as a warning to any who cross her

So the Texans were almost historically lucky in going 9-7 last season, sure bodes well for standing pat at QB

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spintzel posted:

We live in the alternate timeline where the clippers are the best sports team in Los Angeles

The Dodgers exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

quote:

Although he certainly had a nice senior season with 11.5 sacks in 14 games, edge rushers who are one-hit wonders in their senior seasons rarely pan out in the NFL. The lone exception is Tamba Hali, and Hali had the additional excuse of being miscast as a defensive tackle for his two years -— an excuse Sam cannot claim. Moreover, it may not be a coincidence that Sam’s senior season coincided with the ascension of teammate Kony Ealy.

Whitney Mercilus says hi :cool:

e:Oh derp that was his junior season :downs:

• Locked thread