Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Necessity, vis a vis slamming your head into a wall to celebrate a TD, is the mother of invention: http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/27/rams-former-quarterback-gus-frerotte-helping-to-develop-a-thermometer-for-the-brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

TBeats posted:

saying a football player looks sloppy and out of shape doesn't seem like body shaming to me considering they are paid to not be sloppy and out of shape.

and the dr seuss rhyme doesnt seem like a big deal either.

It's loving March. If he looks sloppy and out of shape three months from now, maybe then it'll be time to worry. I'm inclined to give the player the benefit of the doubt given that I have no idea what kind of injuries he took during the season that might still be healing and that he and his trainer know his body better than I do.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Kalli posted:

There was also this silly italian sport that was just basically an organized tailgate fight.

Like Forty big dudes just squaring off in a mud pit and punching each other.

Simultaneously a great and terrible sporting event. Great if you just imagine them screaming "THAT WAS MY FOLDING TABLE RANDY" at each other.

...Ba-Taoshi is pretty great though.

Calcio Storico. Didn't know that off the top of my head. I just put "Italian fighting..." into Youtube search and let autocomplete do the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-B2EFxQ8fU

• Locked thread