Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FizFashizzle posted:

In case you're not following this story...

gently caress this stupid team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Whoops.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/838259044943032320

Hopefully he can pay someone to watch the drat clock for him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

I wish he was still our defensive line coach. He was so goddamned good at it

Hopefully he can fix up ours.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FizFashizzle posted:

the aristocrats!

gently caress this stupid team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If that's what the Redskins GM looks like no wonder he hasn't been giving any pressers.

gently caress. I wish the best for him but if he's not salvageable then hopefully Washington gets another GM instead of letting Bruce Allen run the shitshow again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CyberPingu posted:

It would be the most Belichick thing to not retire and walk to a SB with Brady's replacement to cement that its all him

I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick is secretly funding cybernetic research so that when his body fails him his mind could be transferred to one of those robotic tackling dummies.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

gently caress this stupid, bullshit, clownshoes organization. Bruce Allen is a worthless asshat who's better known for managing pants and picnics than running a football organization and he's done absolutely nothing of value for this team. He's the reason we got hit with a bullshit $36M salary cap hit, he's second only to Dan in enabling backstabbing politics, his cronyism is the reason we hired Joe Barry over Wade loving Philips, his most impactful statement is "Winning Off The Field," and now he's running off the only decent football mind in the building. gently caress Bruce Allen. gently caress Dan Snyder. gently caress the Redskins.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 9, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

I mostly agree but Allen isn't the reason for the cap penalty

Allen was the money guy and while he didn't get the penalty imposed, he took the risk when 30 of the other 32 teams did not. gently caress him, gently caress this team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

I agree with "gently caress allen" but I'm not gonna blame a dude for failing to collude with 30 other billionaires to keep player costs down in an uncapped year

Fair enough. I agree the whole thing is poo poo, but it's not as if he did it for the players or anything.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

King Hong Kong posted:

The 49ers are somehow managing to look relatively competent. I give it a week before Shanahan is fired.

Naw, Jed York will actually turn out to be a competent owner who understands his limitations and lets football people make football decisions. You can't out-Snyder Snyder.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

Eh, he got paid.

Yeah, he basically gets millions to do whatever he wants. He could probably get cut and go sign up with Denver as a backup.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Jones is Palpatine, Snyder is Jar-Jar, York is a mouse droid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if anywhere else will pick up McCloughan. He's worked miracles in each of his three stints in the NFL.

I imagine he'll start up his scouting service again with one less customer.

• Locked thread