Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whiteyfats posted:

Now I'm wondering how amazing a kicker would have to be to go top ten, and have it be worth it.

Due to year to year volatility at the position no kicker could ever be worth it.

This hypothetical kicker is also a zen master who could do the job with a blindfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In case you're not following this story...

quote:

Chris Russell of 106.7 The Fan in D.C. reports Redskins GM Scot McCloughan is no longer running the team.

Russell stated president Bruce Allen, coach Jay Gruden, scouts Alex Santos and Scott Campbell, and personnel executive Doug Williams have taken over. Williams has reportedly taken on an "increased role," likely at McCloughan's expense. McCloughan "has nothing to do with anything and has not for a very long time," according to Russell. McCloughan is allegedly missing the Combine due to the passing of his 100-year-old grandmother. Online records show McCloughan's grandmother passed away on February 6. The funeral occurred on February 13, and the woman was laid to rest the next day.
Source: 106.7 The Fan in D.C. Mar 1 - 11:26 PM

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are letting mike remmers walk and are interested in Matt Khalil.

So, you know, kill me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ahahahahaha

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

And throw the football for him.

And catch the football for him.

And GM the team.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

How does someone accidentally enter a phone number into a Twitter client? DM mishap I guess?

Trying to DM for some strange

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol imagine being a front office and coach knowing their jobs depend on mike loving glennon

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the aristocrats!

quote:

Appearing on 106.7 The Fan in D.C., the Washington Post's Mike Jones referred to NFL Network's "report" of a three-way trade involving Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, and the 49ers as "fake."

Jones seems to believe Redskins president Bruce Allen used NFL Network's Ian Rapoport as a mouthpiece to spread the rumor as a misinformation tactic with the Redskins embroiled in front-office drama. Ultimately, the Redskins decided giving Jay Gruden a two-year extension would be better P.R. "Bruce was like, alright we gotta do something because my fake Ian Rapoport Redskins three-way trade thing didn't work to change the story." Jones suggested the Redskins are now seen as so dysfunctional NFL agents are wary of their players signing with Washington because they're unaware of who's in charge. GM Scot McCloughan did not attend the Combine and is expected to be let go after April's draft.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Three errors?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The loving niners man

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol wow

quote:

In a wide-ranging column detailing the Redskins' impending split with GM Scot McCloughan, the Washington Post explains the separation was caused by arguments over control and whether to sign Kirk Cousins long term, and the Redskins' lack of support for McCloughan.

We would recommend reading the piece below if you're any kind of an NFL fan. McCloughan felt disrespected the Redskins did not defend him when Chris Cooley spread a rumor McCloughan had relapsed into alcoholism. McCloughan also told people in 2016 he would have signed Cousins long term "if he had full control," which "angered" president Bruce Allen. McCloughan and the coaching staff clashed over McCloughan's preference of more-talented Rashad Ross over coaches-pet Ryan Grant. The Post reports McCloughan never stopped drinking, but "peers all agreed they didn't believe McCloughan's drinking ever hindered his job." Per the Post, the Redskins and McCloughan are now "working toward a buyout." Allen and coach Jay Gruden have won the power struggle.

this is pro read as gently caress

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.44411fcf5bdc

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol loving christ how much must it suck to have your team beat be covered by the WaPo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if thats 2016 i guarantee thats norman

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

looks like he was just a passenger

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/jonryan9/status/839962412774125569

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i know more about some of you guys than i do about my sister.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the downward slope starts at 27

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

First hangover I've ever head was the morning after my 27th.

First two day hangover was at thirty.

Now I'm 31 and if I go to sleep after having two high balls I wake up at 2 am with the sweats and can't get back to sleep.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

WTF. Try harder.

We're all good at something.

Well, I was.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

The gently caress did you do with your early 20s if you didn't get a hangover until 27

I could handle my liquor.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Hangovers have nothing to do with handling your liquor you nerd

uh i always drank pedialite i dunno what you want here

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

John Brown posted:

Had my first after turning 28, although I was never the type to get blackout wasted. Just not a thing that I've seen many minorities do. Also, never get too drunk with white people. You guys do some questionable things when it gets to that point.

still my favorite sports story

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/monaghan-faces-sack-over-mad-monday-dog-photo-disgrace-20101104-17fx1.html?autostart=1

quote:

CANBERRA representative star Joel Monaghan faces the sack after admitting to a simulated sex act with a teammate's dog that was photographed and posted on Twitter.

As photos of the drunken Mad Monday ''prank'' sparked widespread condemnation, a distressed Monaghan last night issued a statement through his manager Jim Banaghan in which he apologised for ''a moment of abject stupidity'' and conceded ''there must be ramifications''.

Bizarrely, Monaghan said he was ''playing a prank on an absent teammate''. The incident occurred that weekend during a party for Canberra players and friends, and the labrador involved is understood to belong to a teammate of Monaghan's.

More than one photo was taken as a camera can be seen in the images that were widely circulated on the internet yesterday. Whether any other Raiders players are under investigation was unclear last night, but Monaghan's career hangs firmly in the balance after NRL chief executive David Gallop warned Canberra officials they were expected to take appropriate action.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ahahahahahaha

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

Plus it isn't out of the realm of possibility Dallas could take another OT or OG prospect in the middle rounds. They've been a really good coaching staff at developing o-line talent over the last few years.

Want to see the look of a man who just got millions of dollars tonmoon walk through a season?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Best hangover cure is a cheap, greasy breakfast and sweet tea, y'all.

Asheville some of the most amazing breakfast places in the world.

They also have happy jacks, a converted Pizza Hut that serves breakfast nachos.

Eggs, bacon, sausage and everything else on top of chips and covered in cheese.

You can end your day before it even begins.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Godspeed, DeMarcus. Glad you got your ring :unsmith:

I'm not.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I've never seen a DT that looked like he was in shape.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Tattoo artist testified today
de Abreu and Furtado.

Where the gently caress was he killing people? Fair Verona?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

The most pressing issue of the year was reportedly solved - Tom Brady's Super Bowl jersey was found with the help of the FBI
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/20/report-tom-bradys-super-bowl-jersey-has-been-found/

Is this what comey's speaking about today

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Watch tom Brady start a loving war

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Very true, nothing the rust belt and south loves more then Tom Brady.

This is like those polls of republicans running tebow for president and then losing South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/844265404499447808

Just wasn't healing.

Played with it almost all of last year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

According to the Panthers it happened at San Diego

They're lying.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How many life threatening injuries has luck already sustained?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

quote:

Panthers signed RB Jonathan Stewart to a one-year extension through 2018.

Stewart turned 30 earlier this week. There was some belief that the Panthers could release Stewart this offseason, saving $6.25 million as a post-June 1 cut, but GM Dave Gettleman apparently thinks there's more in the tank. Stewart averaged a career-low 3.8 YPC (minimum 100 carries) last season, though he did score a seven-year-high nine touchdowns, seeing more goal-line work with the Panthers trying to limit Cam Newton's rushing opportunities. Gettleman has already said he'll draft a running back this year. Leonard Fournette at No. 8 could still be in play.

also oh yes please

https://twitter.com/BlackBlueReview/status/845270373734211586

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 24, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Come reunite with Jameis. Seriously tho, his height would be a big help for those airmailed passes.

Jameis doesn't need another fathlete enabling him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i love jonathan stewart but i swear to god this guy has received more inexplicable contracts from the panthers than any player i can remember on any team.

he must bake amazing cookies or something.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gently caress this let him waddle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

What would make Miami of all teams opposed?

Possible competition for destination football games?

• Locked thread