Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This was last page, but if you're certain to make a 70 yard field goal, you take it every time over punting the ball deep because you then get to kick off right after anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CyberPingu posted:

Eh even a super accurate kicker could not account for a bad ball bounce

A kicker that can hit 70 yard field goals should be able to get enough hang time for coverage to make it down the field and drop the ball inside the 10.

This hypo was based on a FG or pinning them inside the 10. If you're far enough out for a 60-70 yard field goal, a punt is going to need 50-60 yards to pin someone deep. You would need a hell of a punter to make that consistently worthwhile vs points on the board.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've never seen that but I want to :stare:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SKULL.GIF posted:

For as much of a huge deal the NFL makes over forcing players to wear the same helmet for every single game in a season, look at these goddamn cleats. There's no way these cleats were broken in and I would loving hate having to play a NFL match in brand-new novelty cleats.

This whole Nike deal, right down to the jersey wet-patches and sweat-guts and the novelty cleats, is such a loving terrible idea.

I think they wear new cleats every week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Brett Favre was still playing great before the Saints bountied him into retirement.

Dan Henderson nearly won the 185lbs UFC title at 46 because he can still knock people on their rear end by barely touching them.

• Locked thread