Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yeah it's open sauce. i had the same experience using it, super barebones out of the box but with tons of little tweaks. i probably just said "heh" and went back to trillian

same but i went back to digsby

lol remember digsby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Xaris posted:

I was using Digsby up until a year ago when it started having major problems (taking like 5 minutes to connect, periodically freezing when chatting). shame cause I actually liked it a lot more than trillian.

I've installed Instantbird or something now, it kinda sucks but w/e all instant messaging is dying and aim will probably be dead before the next decade. I only have a couple friends who I still chat with on aim regularly now but we could just use google chat or something.

yeah same, ish. i think i abandoned it around that time, for the same reason. their server went down so the machine would go unresponsive for minutes while it tried to connect to the server it KNEW had to be there, before using cached credentials. i havent found another one that didnt look all :pcgaming: or like a linux port, so i just gave up on aim :unsmith:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

wasn't digsby the one that stored your messenger service passwords on its servers, so you could log in to the service from anywhere

yeah more or less. thats why it stopped working

• Locked thread