Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Maximum Leader posted:

lol if you were American as a teen and chatted on aim instead of the clearly superior MSN

the worst part of using msn was this one chick i knew had webtv, and messenger on that service hid contact emails and only showed your custom name so every time i changed my name i got HEY WHO IS THIS messages

i did get a couple of dates using messenger programs :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

SO DEMANDING posted:

ahhh i found out what that spergy multi-protocol chat client i hosed around with was, miranda IM! apparently it's still actively developed, last release in january :psyduck:

i recall it was loved by goons and windows customization fetishists (you know, the sort who spent hours tweaking their samurize setup. or wasn't there a goon-made alternative to that?). i also recall it being bare-bones to the point of uselessness.

yeah it's open sauce. i had the same experience using it, super barebones out of the box but with tons of little tweaks. i probably just said "heh" and went back to trillian

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

wasn't digsby the one that stored your messenger service passwords on its servers, so you could log in to the service from anywhere

• Locked thread