Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Phillip is a pilot now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Henry is Asian now

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The gently caress is this game they're playing?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Zero One posted:

Henry is Asian now

Those drat recasts.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Those are some good looking pastries

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aw yeah, let's go.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

What a strange arrangement. A lot of effort just to talk to this kid.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Baronash posted:

What a strange arrangement. A lot of effort just to talk to this kid.

Wouldn't be the first time they worked over a kid just to get an angle on the parents

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

e- Yeah, this is a day ending in "Y" for the Jennings.

I wondered what happened to Fargo.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 8, 2017

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Oh, Henry does still exist. I thought the "in a minute" thing was just so they had an excuse not to show him.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So where did they find a Vietnamese teenage spy? Was this a thing ever?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tuan has a pretty cushy deal going on

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Stan met a woman and she doesn't know it yet. :lol:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aww Stan has a crush

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I can see why Sepinwall is trying to make #PoorStan a thing.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Fighting lessons with Paige and Elizabeth

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh, we're...uhh...gonna do some grave robbin', are we? :stonk:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wouldn't they have incinerated his corpse?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

This seems like a major security failure.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We have now spent 5-7 minutes of this episode digging.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

We have now spent 5-7 minutes of this episode digging.

You like slow burns? We'll give you the slowest loving burn on cable television!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Wouldn't they have incinerated his corpse?

Interesting the bag says Do Not Burn.

I'm still not getting why they need the pound of flesh unless it was all a setup for Digger #2 to wind up with Glanders somehow.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 8, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

They thought of everything. Though I don't get why that would be.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:( Ohhhhh....

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Was that their Afrikaner buddy? :(

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CBJSprague24 posted:

Depending on the disease and the state of the body it's sometimes better to just toss them in an airtight coffin because incineration means getting more hospital staff involved and even more people in the same room as an infected corpse

Fake edit: CONTAINMENT BREACH :supaburn:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

howe_sam posted:

Was that their Afrikaner buddy? :(

Yep. What a way to go. :(

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

howe_sam posted:

They thought of everything. Though I don't get why that would be.

Two decades out, there's no guarantee anyone is going to remember why there is a dead guy buried in the backyard.

howe_sam posted:

I'm still not getting why they need the pound of flesh unless it was all a setup for Digger #2 to wind up with Glanders somehow.
Pretty sure it was to get a Glanders sample.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It wasn't Glanders he was trying to move when he infected himself - it was Lassa. Lassa's a hemorrhagic fever. It's not quite as deadly as Ebola, but it's still medically significant, and it was implied that these particular virus strains were engineered, like the 'Super Glanders' was.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Baronash posted:

Two decades out, there's no guarantee anyone is going to remember why there is a dead guy buried in the backyard.
If cleansing fire won't kill the Lassa Virus then I get why the warning is appropriate

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
And I was just thinking that it was surprising that Hans had survived this long

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Poor guy literally dug his own grave.

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

drat, poor Hans. That was pretty brutal, didn't expect Liz to take him out like that. I guess he was pretty much dead already though.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kind of a weak start tbh. The "whoops im clumsy and got infected" thing felt like it shoulda come from some lovely zombie movie not The Americans. Also yeah 7 minutes watching people dig what was that about. They really needed to pad out their premier that badly?

Not sure whats up with the new guy theyre working on. Hes an advisor on agriculture to the US but seemed like a big nobody back home who could barely get food.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Goodbye Hans. You never did get a last name.

CBJSprague24 posted:

As mentioned, William is probably the only 'field test' of the virus apart from lab rats/bunnies. His sample is valuable.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Not sure whats up with the new guy theyre working on. Hes an advisor on agriculture to the US but seemed like a big nobody back home who could barely get food.
As shown at the start of the episode, basically nobody can get food in the USSR, they're in the middle of a famine. Even the KGB staff were 'joking' about it. Hell, Olegs father is (the minister?) in the Ministry of Railways and I doubt their dinner was lavish.

The CIA extracted him from Russia so I expect food shortages will be the big thing this season.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 8, 2017

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Hans' clumsiness is consistent with when he accidentally showed his face to that guy he went to university with and then very sloppily murdered him to protect his identity.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
stan is such a chipper sad sack

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I liked the little detail of Oleg getting home and flicking through the Russian guide for the Olympics. I assume that was going to be a great propaganda tool in Russia and was produced before the boycott.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

drunkill posted:

I liked the little detail of Oleg getting home and flicking through the Russian guide for the Olympics. I assume that was going to be a great propaganda tool in Russia and was produced before the boycott.

It's still only February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

drunkill posted:

He's watching the Winter Olympics, which took place in February.

• Locked thread