Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope they don't skip something about Chernobyl. I'm not sure what they'd do with it but It'd be something cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Re: Henry
It would be super interesting (but probably not happening) if they caved and let him go to that super fancy school where all the politicians send their kid during the break.

Re: Chernobyl
If they included it, would it be yet another tragic nail in the coffin that is Phillip's love for "the cause"? I'm not up on the history of that disaster, but initial it was blamed on the workers and then after the fact it got blamed on negligence during construction?

I'm also hoping for a happy(ish) ending, but it doesn't seem likely.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I think they’ll go full Miles O’Brien on Elizabeth this season. Phillip is full on disillusioned. Henry is off at fancy school. The USSR starts to crumble with things like Chernobyl. Paige dies on a mission the day before the August Revolution, rendering her death an utterly meaningless waste.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
just realized elizabeth jennings is... felicity.

how did i not notice this before?!

TheCenturion posted:

I think they’ll go full Miles O’Brien on Elizabeth this season. Phillip is full on disillusioned. Henry is off at fancy school. The USSR starts to crumble with things like Chernobyl. Paige dies on a mission the day before the August Revolution, rendering her death an utterly meaningless waste.

yeah, i think either the berlin wall falling or the ussr falling would be a good way to end the series

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

dam son how did you not know keri russell was felicity

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

esperterra posted:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

like it's basically the only thing she was known for before this show started!!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

esperterra posted:

before felicity she was well known for a series of noxema commercials. like i remember when felicity was just coming out people were calling it "that new show with the noxema girl"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

for real

it's the only thing i know her from

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The last thing I can think of off the top of my head she did between Felicity and The Americans was the movie Waitress, which was good but didn't really get a lot of recognition afaik until it was adapted into a musical a couple years ago.

Keri Russell is amazing, I hope she does higher profile poo poo after this. I'm sure there's plenty of cool stuff she did between the two shows that I just have forgotten or never heard about.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

just about everyone on this show is amazing. would love to see Matthew Rhys and especially Allison Wright in higher profile work as well

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Earwicker posted:

just about everyone on this show is amazing. would love to see Matthew Rhys and especially Allison Wright in higher profile work as well

Oh, 100% agreed. I've just always had strong feelings about how Keri Russell should be way more popular and prolific than she was. She's so loving good.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

esperterra posted:

i forgot felicity existed and don't look up rando actresses on imdb normally

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Earwicker posted:

the mail robot is the best character

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

The last thing I can think of off the top of my head she did between Felicity and The Americans was the movie Waitress, which was good but didn't really get a lot of recognition afaik until it was adapted into a musical a couple years ago.

Oh wow, I forgot she was in that - that was Adrienne Shelley's last movie before she got the most senseless murder in america done to her :(

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Oh wow, I forgot she was in that - that was Adrienne Shelley's last movie before she got the most senseless murder in america done to her :(

Yep. And only a few months before Sundance iirc :<

Good movie, I would have loved to see more out of Shelley. Man I think I'ma watch Waitress tonight.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Earwicker posted:

He was in The Post! It was awesome.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

She was in that so so alien abduction horror movie with JK Simmons too

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Earwicker posted:

before felicity she was well known for a series of noxema commercials. like i remember when felicity was just coming out people were calling it "that new show with the noxema girl"

I thought that was Rebecca Gayheart. Wow, what happened to her?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

esperterra posted:

She played Tom Cruise's protege in the third MI movie where she has her brain blown up

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Had such a crush. :swoon:

Noxema seems to have advanced her age.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3392756/Rebecca-Gayheart-44-looks-gaunt-attends-Haiti-event-husband-Eric-Dane.html :ohdear:

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 6, 2018

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

What a hosed up article to write about a person.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

withak posted:

Didn't read it. What'd it say?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hasselblad posted:

Didn't read it. What'd it say?

If only there was some way to find out what the article said.

Lucania
May 1, 2009

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It was Rebecca Gayheart. Keri Russell was in the Mickey Mouse Club before Felicity.

Gayheart ran over and killed a kid, got probation, and was photographed with what looked like a crack pipe in her hand.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

withak posted:

It's the Daily Mail, what do you expect?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

withak posted:

If only there was some way to find out what the article said.

Why read an article when I could just read your outraged summary?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/TheAmericansFX/status/973227131562946565
:ussr:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
That is actually a really good trailer. Doesn't seem to give anything really away, but hints at big doings.

I can't wait. The Americans is one of the very few shows that I watch as it airs, rather than waiting till the whole season is out.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Great to see Liz is still murdering people, some things never change I guess.

Anyway, can't wait for this show, it's gonna own.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

mobby_6kl posted:

Great to see Liz is still murdering people, some things never change I guess.

Anyway, can't wait for this show, it's gonna own.

never knew felicity was such a bad girl

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my prediction for this season is that they use Edge of Seventeen for Paige's first real mission

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Earwicker posted:

my prediction for this season is that they use Edge of Seventeen for Paige's first real mission

Or Winger's "Seventeen"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hope they loop back and play Tusk in the finale.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006
My wife is bloodthirsty. I just started a job that has us on opposite schedules and she asked me if I thought she'd like this show. I told her she might get annoyed with the kids. She texted me her review: I hope Paige dies screaming and broken. I can't stand her. Everyone else can live.

I can't disagree with her too strongly. I'm not overly fond of the character either.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
i mean, she is religious which is the biggest ill in the world so understandable

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Caganer posted:

i mean, she is religious which is the biggest ill in the world so understandable

I'm on your watch list for outing you as an intelligence agent aren't I?

My issue is that the actress seems to only be able to be either a piece of mopey wood or flailing about wildly with outrageously outraged indignation. I try to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that's what she's told to do but I'm not sure.

My wife hates snotty kids.

Neither of us cares about the religious part of her character beyond thinking the jumps right in both legs first approach to the Christianization of the character was lame.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

I hope they loop back and play Tusk in the finale.

You know they will

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Jeremy_X posted:

My issue is that the actress seems to only be able to be either a piece of mopey wood or flailing about wildly with outrageously outraged indignation. I try to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that's what she's told to do but I'm not sure.

She’s playing a teenage girl, and quite accurately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jeremy_X posted:

I'm on your watch list for outing you as an intelligence agent aren't I?

My wife hates snotty kids.

Neither of us cares about the religious part of her character beyond thinking the jumps right in both legs first approach to the Christianization of the character was lame.

i mean she's 16 and it's her first acting gig.

also russians are "stoic"

• Locked thread