Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

drunkill posted:

I liked the little detail of Oleg getting home and flicking through the Russian guide for the Olympics. I assume that was going to be a great propaganda tool in Russia and was produced before the boycott.

It's still only February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This is the penultimate season right? And no bullshit season splitting is planned?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

And where's Kimmy damnit.

Yeah whatever did happen with that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

vermin posted:

Watched the first episode and was pleasantly surprised :v: I was expecting it to be Mad Men but with Russian accents

Some of Mad Men is about marriage.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Center recruited Henry behind his parents back, he's never shown because he's off on various missions just as complicated as theirs. When they find this out it will be the greatest crisis of the entire show, and will lead to their abandoning communism and the USSR for good. The last scene will be Henry shooting both of them.

Henry will kill Phillip's real son and it will be exactly like Hallorann in the Kubrick Shining movie.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And/or it's my joke post and they've given him his own attractive 20-something Soviet sex teacher like they did with the kid who went crazy.

Your post implied that Henry was in a training he was possibly artificially prolonging due to enjoying his time with his sex instructor. My post posited that he was doing secret spy poo poo. I didn't steal from you!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm sorry, I got a little agitated because my complicated wig came slightly undone at the exact second my high waisted jeans fell a little.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'd rather he just had a cool punk girlfriend and was getting into the D.C scene, honestly.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

I'd be shocked if the series doesn't end with Stan getting killed by Phillip/Elizabeth to cover up their activities, only for it to be for nothing as the wall goes down and the Soviet Union collapses.

I still don't get why so many posters in this thread think that after the Soviet Union ended all Soviet spies abroad just gave up and stopped being spies like they lost a board game.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

precision posted:

I feel like it's going to turn out that Henry is hacking his grades. And then The Center is gonna be like "We would be very interested in putting those skills to good use :russia: "

"Changing your grades with a computer" is the laziest writing trope of the last 30 years that was already trite 20 years ago.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Holy poo poo the central conflict of like a whole season was just resolved and one side won.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Stan: "Well, I'm trying not to die before Henry graduates from college."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I think the Jennings are going to kill Stan but I'm probably in the minority.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pasha's parents comments about him reminded me of at least three Staind songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

i think a good twist would be this whole time pastor tim has been grooming page, he makes a pass and paige uses her newly minted kung fu skills to kill him

As long as no real attack happens then yes. Youth pastors are creepy as gently caress, yes.

• Locked thread