Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

CBJSprague24 posted:

"You should've asked."? That's the best they could think to come up with?

The music callback is nice.

No, that guy was dead the minute he saw Phil and Elizabeth poking around, and they both knew it. That was just Elizabeth trying to work up some negative emotions towards the guy to make it easier for her to kill him.

Henry Black posted:

Before moving to New Jersey and working as a one legged massage therapist, Svetlana had a budding carrier in Soviet supermarkets, nice.

OMG, I never would have figured that one out! I knew she looked familiar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

She clearly considered him to be knowingly and willfully complicit in planning the genocide of innocent workers of glorious USSR, she didn't need any more reason to kill him than that.

You're missing the point here. The reason he died was that he caught them doing spy stuff. He could have told her that he was just the night janitor and he spends his days raising puppies for orphaned children, and they were still going to have to kill him. Yes, as she went through the conversation with him, she purposefully cast him as complicit in trying to starve USSR citizens, but she was doing that as a defense mechanism so it didn't feel as bad as, say, forcing an elderly woman to OD on pills or something.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

But I presume that's a can of pork with the little pig on the label.... so did he think he was buying canned kitten?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Earwicker posted:

Do we know that's what actually happened? I don't remember the very first scenes with the son himself, but when Gabriel said that I assumed it was just some poo poo he was making up to make Phil feel better - after all, how would Phil even know?

also, not that the show is super realistic, but it doesn't seem likely that someone in Gabriel's position would even have that kind of pull.

I thought it might have been a lie to help control Phillip too, but I would completely expect Gabriel to be able to make that possible if he wanted to. The Jennings are irreplaceable and ridiculously high-value operatives hidden in Washington DC -- if their controller called the center and said "The best-placed spies we have in all of America are going to have difficulties if this no-name grunt isn't removed from danger," I can't imagine there'd be anyone who would risk jeopardizing that just to keep another interchangeable soldier on the ground in Afghanistan.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

boy is she gonna be in for a huge disappointment in a few years

How well known was it back then that the KGB was into all kinds of awful poo poo? I can't imagine trying to tell a modern teenager that you're the good kind of spies that only ever steal bread to feed your starving country. I'm wondering if there's supposed to be a lot of dissonance on that point for Paige, that in the back of her head, she kinda knows that her parents are still lying to her about how they're just good people doing good work for humanity.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

ffs I cannot believe that was a finale.

I mean, once all's said and done I tend to marathon shows anyway, and I imagine the next season will flow from here pretty well, but goddamn was that anticlimactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Baronash posted:

Seriously, the discussion since the season ended is worse than Whochat. Just a bunch of goons who desperately want random internet people to know that they have ~good opinions~ about tv shows and are not filthy plebes.

Or, you know, just random people having a friendly chat over how they felt about the season?

• Locked thread