Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just started the series so no spoilers I just have a simple question. Do the kids ever mention/wonder why they don't have any grandparents, uncles, aunts, or cousins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Good because that's been bugging me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So can we assume that there is going to be a timeskip early in the season? Because from the preview Paige is running operations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wow I was expecting a time jump but not 3 loving years.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I hope they don't skip something about Chernobyl. I'm not sure what they'd do with it but It'd be something cool.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Caganer posted:

I decided to rewatch in prep for the new season. Her outfit doesn't seem at all inappropriate - DC can be warm and humid, so dressing lightly + bringing a jacket for when in the AC is a pretty reasonable plan.

Also, on rewatch it's notable that less than a half hour into the first episode Phillip is joking about defecting. Foreshadowing?

Phil wasn’t joking about defecting, he was going to outright do it until he figured out that the defector raped Elizabeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

unlawfulsoup posted:

Honestly the main characters in The Americans are really really awful people. I have a hard time mustering any sympathy for them, even if they are interesting.

At least Philip shows remorse, Elizabeth doesn't give a gently caress when she murders innocent bystanders.

• Locked thread