Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If I don't like the first episode of Patriot, does it change at all going forward? I've tried watching the first episode 3 times now and it just bores me to death. It seems like a well produced show, just maybe not my cup of tea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

banned from Starbucks posted:

I wonder if the center is recalling Gabriel because they think hes too soft of them. He seems to genuinely care about Philip but then throws those two burns at him as the last thing he'll ever say to him.

I think Gabriel recalled himself because of the whole 'Philip's son' situation. I think there was genuine love and care going on and Gabriel realized he had gotten too close and couldn't keep up that particular lie.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'd imagine Pasha's situation is giving both Phil and Liz pause about Henry should they have to GTFO of the US.

Henry's already a 2nd generation spy, those friends he had playing games are just a deeper cover.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Dollar Bill is doing good work on Billions.

:stare: holy poo poo I had no clue they were the same dude

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Two things from this episode:
1) Philip really thinks of Stan as his bro :unsmith:
2) Pastor Tim is hosed

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CBJSprague24 posted:

Not quite "please take all your medication so it looks like a suicide", but still pretty drat bad.

I did a rewatch before this season started and I had to skip through those scenes, once was enough for me :(

And yeah, Jesus Elizabeth, that was some cold poo poo, especially shooting the husband first.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God drat, Tuan :stare:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Like others I was underwhelmed with the finale. It felt like this entire season was just the first half of a final season. Which is fine, it just sucks we have to wait a year for the last 10 episodes, and it would have been nice to have a slightly more explosive reveal at the end. Based on what she said to Tuan, Elizabeth asking Philip to take a step back makes me think she's definitely gonna end up dead when all is said and done.

Not gonna lie, I teared up during Martha's scene :unsmith: That was so completely unexpected and made me real happy.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

banned from Starbucks posted:

Uhh i dont think he left because of Mischa....

It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'll be honest, I have no idea what happened with Oleg this season or how it related to what was going on back in the States. He was investigating a grocery racket or something?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This was the only season where I really tuned out during the Russian scenes :( I'll go back and watch at some point, but the first two episodes it felt like his plot was so distanced from what was going on in the States that I just kinda stopped paying attention. This is also the first season I've caught live instead of binging, so that might have had something to do with it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't enjoy 5 as much as the others but if the show sticks the landing with the final season I think it will hold up well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh gently caress yeah I forgot this was coming back on this week. Last season wasn't my favorite, but it felt like chess pieces being moved for the final season. Trailers have me excited and that interview talking about how they knew how they wanted to end it basically from the start makes me excited for these last 10 eps.

• Locked thread