Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It's been discussed before, but if this show doesn't end with Elizabeth's emotionally shattered and utterly crestfallen face watching a TV screen on the morning of December 25th, 1991 while a sad song plays, then the writers have failed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I was 8 1/2 years old when the USSR officially dissolved, and I had a poo poo ton of relatives from my mother's side who were still living in Romania following the execution of Nicolae Ceaușescu in '89.

Following it's collapse, my maternal grandparents paid for several of their close Romanian relatives to visit them here in the States for the first time. I was very young, but I strongly remember meeting them at the airport (they didn't even know me, and yet, they brought me Romanian candy!), and afterwards when they were brought back to my grandparents' place for a huge celebratory dinner, they asked them if they could go to a supermarket.

We took them to a Farmer Jack not too far away, and when they walked inside, the sight of grown rear end adults openly weeping into their hands was something that will stick with me forever. It was sad and wonderful at the same time.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 23, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Elizabeth spontaneously combusts after the USSR falls, and Philip gets a job at Rent A Center.

Stan also becomes FBI King after unmasking a vampire conspiracy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

I'd be shocked if the series doesn't end with Stan getting killed by Phillip/Elizabeth to cover up their activities, only for it to be for nothing as the wall goes down and the Soviet Union collapses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Stan is probably going to have a "Kobayashi Porcelain" moment of realization, but Liz and Phil will be long gone before anything can be done.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

It'll turn out that Henry is running a numbers station using modified videogame consoles and has been working deep cover for the First Chief Directorate since he was, like, 4 or something.

*tire swerve noise*

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Liz and Phil get eaten by alligators after falling off a fan boat in New Orleans.

Stan raises Paige and Henry to be FBI agents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Alternatively, Phil gets a job as a mime at the Pentagon, and Liz gets a job as a mime at Mount Weather.

Stan gets promoted to FBI Director and hires Henry to be his assistant. Paige is sucked into a plasma vortex.

Oleg kills Gorbachev with a railgun and gets promoted to God-Emperor of the USSR in 1993.

• Locked thread