Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Season 5 was great and the Oleg stuff was great

Yeah, I loved this season. It was a super slow burn, but the show and characters have earned that imo. The relative calm before the storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I care about Oleg at this point. Whether it's tied to the overarching plot with the Jennings doesn't matter to me, personally, because I'm more than happy to go on Oleg's journey and learn more about his family.

I liked the Nina stuff alright when she was isolated in Russia, as well, but not nearly as much as this. The Oleg story this year showed us more of the country, as did the Martha stuff, and imo it's important to show that on screen right now, whether we already know what it was like there. Especially with Elizabeth and Philip teetering so close to maybe picking up their family and having to start over again in Russia, depending on how the final season goes down.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Paige is amazing, sorry.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Awww yeah dat Afghani Kush

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A bit of both, I think. She didn't start out liking him, but in the end could see he was a good man and I'm sure it was a relief to find out he wasn't making a crop killer.

Plus she was probably still salty over Martha. I could easily see it as her lying to Phil, though I think she was mostly telling the truth at that point.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I like that reading best tbh. Even after the Martha stuff I think she loves Phil too much to hurt him-- especially the way he hurt her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It still pains me to think GoT has won writing emmys over this show. And for the not great GoT seasons.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

iirc when the Battle of the Bastards episode (which was mostly a setpiece and directorial feat and not writing) won over Americans it was the first year for the new Emmy rules where a show's entire crew can now vote, or whatever.

Considering GoT probably has the biggest production crew of any other show on tv ....

gently caress I can't wait for GoT to end.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, the expanded focus on Russia this past season was great.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Americans: idk something about Felicity I'm too lazy to come up with a joke

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

dam son how did you not know keri russell was felicity

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

like it's basically the only thing she was known for before this show started!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The last thing I can think of off the top of my head she did between Felicity and The Americans was the movie Waitress, which was good but didn't really get a lot of recognition afaik until it was adapted into a musical a couple years ago.

Keri Russell is amazing, I hope she does higher profile poo poo after this. I'm sure there's plenty of cool stuff she did between the two shows that I just have forgotten or never heard about.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Earwicker posted:

just about everyone on this show is amazing. would love to see Matthew Rhys and especially Allison Wright in higher profile work as well

Oh, 100% agreed. I've just always had strong feelings about how Keri Russell should be way more popular and prolific than she was. She's so loving good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Oh wow, I forgot she was in that - that was Adrienne Shelley's last movie before she got the most senseless murder in america done to her :(

Yep. And only a few months before Sundance iirc :<

Good movie, I would have loved to see more out of Shelley. Man I think I'ma watch Waitress tonight.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hope they loop back and play Tusk in the finale.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Paige is amazing, gently caress the haters!!

Also Meadow is amazing too but I may be biased toward beautiful Greek women tbf

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Meadow was another teen written well for the most part, imo, but a well written teen being annoying is fitting so I get people not liking her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The thread title got me all excited thinking it's on tonight, but then I looked at the calender and it's only the 27th rn. SMDH.

• Locked thread